Branded

Stefan went to the Moors late at night, as he'd remembered that Maleficent had always gone to bed much later than y/n.

"Y/n! Maleficent!" he yelled out, knowing only Maleficent would be there.

"So, how is life with the humans?" she asked bitterly, mad about the king's attack and mad about Stefan not coming back, which broke y/n's heart.

"Maleficent, I've come to warn you. They mean to kill you. King Henry will stop at nothing. Please, you have to trust me." he said, withholding the truth that he was there to kill her.

The two sat together by the river, talking as they did when they were young. All was forgiven, and it was as if the years drifted away. And they were friends once more.

But one friend was missing from the group.

"Is y/n here?" he asked.

"Yes, but she's sleeping. You mustn't wake her up. The poor thing killed someone today. You know how she feels about killing" she tells him.

"Are you thirsty?" Stefan asks Maleficent, offering his flask of wine, which he drugged in preparation.

She nods, drinking from his flask. But soon, maleficent was out cold.

"Maleficent?" he asks, making sure she was completely passed out so she wouldn't be able to fight him.

He then pulled out a knife to kill her, but he could not bring himself to do it, as she was once a friend. And he knew his beloved y/n would hate him.

So instead, he took out an iron chain and used it to cut her wings off.

Then, he went to see the love of his life.

He found her, peacefully sleeping, in the same place she'd slept when they were young.

He was so mesmerized by her beauty that he almost didn't wake her.

But he did.

He gently shakes her awake.

"Hhmm" she groans.

Stefan had missed her voice and he craved for more of it.

"Mal stop it. Let me sleep" she mumbled.

Stefan chuckles. "It's not her, gorgeous" he says to her.

She gets up, eyes widening.

"You" she says.

"But, why didn't you ever come back" she asks, sadly.

"I'm so sorry my love, but I was too busy. Don't worry. Now, I'm finally king and I can make time for us." he explains.

"But, you lived in a barn, how did you become king?" she asked.

"Well I told you I'd live in the castle one day" he says, smiling.

Y/n comes up to him, pulling him with her, making him chuckle. This reminded him of the old days.

"Come on! You have to catch up with me and Mal!" she says.

"Mal! Maleficent!" she lightly shouts, not wanting to wake anyone.

"Oh I already caught up to her. I told her to give us some alone time." he said, lying through his teeth.

"Oh. Okay" she says, awkwardly.

"I missed you so much, my love" he whispered to her, grabbing her chin and attempting to kiss her.

But she quickly pulled away.

Stefan gave a confused, hurt look.

"Look, Stefan, it's just that we've been apart for so long. I think I've moved on. But we can still be great friends." she says, gently, not wanting to anger him.