• III •

• Delaney •

"I'm getting out the D' Mo'Nique." I told my friend as I browsed the shelves in the 7-11.

"And watchu gon' do?" She asked checking her nails and fixing her outfit.

"Be an architect..better than working at this Seven Eleven." I said sarcastically referring to her job here.

"Girl please, I'm saving up to become a model. Just you watch and see, I'll make it." She said self-assuredly.

"Mhm." I said and pursed my lips together.

"Anyways, let's go out tonight. I get off early, we can go to the club." Mo'Nique suggested.

"Sure, ain't got nothin' else better to do." I shrugged.

I grabbed a case of pop.

"Finally you bought sum jeez." She said and rolled her eyes.

"Any luck with yo' dad?" She asked while scanning the case.

"He still won't talk to me..he really thinks i'm the reason my moms divorced him.." I got quite.

"Yo what's going on?"

"It's just..me and my pops were super close when we was younger..and now him blaming me for this shit, this is fifty percent of the reason why I want to leave.." My voice was soft.

"Look, if you don't want to-" "Nah, I'm straight." I cut her off.

"What time you get off?" I asked.

"Around five." She replied quietly.

"Cool, I'll be here at four thirty to pick yo broke ass up." I replied and she laughed.

"Aight." She answered.

I walked outside and dug into my pockets to get the keys to my car.

I got in the drivers seat and put the case of pop in the passenger seat.

I sighed and rested my head on the wheel. I pondered for a bit.

What am I going to do about my father?

I twisted the keys and my car started running.

—/

"HellOoo?" I called out for Mo'Nique.

"Ayo!" She replied her head popping up from underneath the counter.

"Ready?" I asked.

"Mhm." She said and hopped over the counter.

"You for real changed clothes in that place?" I asked.

"Course where else would I?" She asked.

"Radish." I said and rolled my eyes.

"Fuck you." She said playfully and got into the passenger side of my car.

-/

"To Chin Chiki!!" Mo'Nique yelled.

"We have to find a spot to park at dumbass." I replied.

"There.." I mumbled. I pulled into the parking lot and we got out.

"AhhH! Look a circle!" She pointed out.

"They just freestyling." I replied duly.

"Let's go watch!" She exclaimed and grabbed my hand pulling me to go watch.

"Man.." I mumbled under my breath..

I sighed as I watched from a distance while Mo'Nique got in closer.

I noticed this guy standing out the circle hood over this hat, hands in pocket. This dude with dreads started free styling.

"Your forced to listen to the individuals the metaphysical, the magnet in the wrong ritual, heterosexual syllables."

"These lyrics sound complex' to you perplexed to you with words back before the hex on you, break that neck on you!"

"Murder you, boil you, yo we keep a white boy or two but my man grabbed me too, see what my boy rabbit can do!" The guy with the dreads was calling this Bunny Rabbit guy into the circle.

(A/N has to improvise on that part leave me alone)

"Come on man!" The guy with dreads said.

This intrigued me, mainly because this was a white boy.

One of his friends–I presume–pushed him into the circle.

I walked a little closer to the circle and stood next to Mo'Nique.

"White boy gots you intrigued huh?" She said and Shoved me in my shoulder slightly.

"Yeah yeah now shut up." I said to quite her down.

"Speed it up a bit." Rabbit mumbled.

"Alright, look, Your style is generic, mines authentic made, I'll roll like a renegade. You need clinic aid, my techniques bizarrenl I scar and kill."

"You weren't a star until I served you like a bar and grill. 'Cause I proceed to cook and kill ya, that's all it took to kill ya. You better recognize me like I look familia'."

"You wanna battle, but beat around the bush like your scared to lick pussy so you eat around the tush!"

"Oh shit.." I mumbled under my breath.

"He's good.." Mo'Nique whispered.

"See I don't think you understand fully, see me without a style is like misted without the heinz, I lead a new school your a busta without the rhymes I crush the shit out of ya rhymes."

"Aight I think they done wanna head in-" I was cut off when I noticed a black van pulling up.

"The fucking free world.." Mo'Nique muttered.

"Let's just go.." I mumbled.

As we left the parking lot I heard a bang but I didn't pay much attention, It's Detroit what do you expect?

"Time to get plastered!!" She said while leaving me to go to the bar.

"Of course.." I mumbled. I found a table in the corner of the room. I saw the guys who were in the parking lot.

I saw the guy–Bunny Rabbit–staring at the dance floor but I didn't know why.

I look to the side and some fucking how Mo'Nique is all over one of the guys with dreads.

"Getting drinks huh..?" I mumbled under my breath and rolled my eyes.

————

yeah alex is in this..