• XVIII •

• Delaney •

I slowly opened the door to my pops and I's apartment. The door creaked as shut it. I looked around and saw that the tv was still on.

I sighed and hit the button on the side to turn it off.

"Delaney." I heard a deep voice call out from behind me.

I flicked the light switch revealing my pops standing in the hallway to his bedroom.

"Why the fuck are you so late!?" He tormented. "It's three in the fucking morning! What were you doing!!" He yelled and came closer to me.

"Why do you need to fucking know! That shit is called privacy, ever fuckin' heard of it!?" I yelled back. He's in one of his moods.

I noticed a slightly transparent green bottle in his hand.  He slowly walked over to me, taking the short way around the sofa to get to me. I slowly backed up against the wall.

"We're you out with 'Jimmy'" He did air quotes around his name.

"Yeah! Got a fucking problem!!" I yelled.

"I FUCKING DO!" He yelled hitting me over the head with the bottle.

I fell to the ground grasping my head and blood dropped down my face.

"Listen here, Delaney." He whispered and grabbed a fist full of my hair.

I tried to stay strong but single tears were coming from my eyes as I gripped his hand to try to loosen his grip. I kept a straight face as to not show the pain I was feeling.

"I don't want you fucking hanging out with those motherfuckers ok? They ain't shit and never gon' be shit! You got that?" He asked and shoved my head away from his hand. I grasped my head as he stumbled back to his bedroom.

I slowly braced up against the wall as I tried to stand back up.

I walked into the bathroom, flicked the light on and saw the hash on my forehead. I got a towel hanging on the rack and tried to wipe away the blood slowly dripping down my face. I sighed.

I got some stitching tools my mom left me. I sometimes don't miss her, she was really manipulative when it came to getting her way, made people feel bad for stuff they didn't even mean to make you mad at. Yeah, the shit was wack but she made my father happy.

I cut the string and finished up my cut. That's gonna be one trash fucking scar oh well.

I walked out the bathroom and the phone began to ring.

I took the phone off the wall and put it up to my ear.

"Whaddup." I mumbled into the phone.

"Deeeeelllll..!" I heard a familiar voice slur through the phone.

"Ah shit.." I muttered as a small smile crept onto my face.

"Deeeelll! Whatcha doin!!?" Jimmy yelled through the phone.

"Nun.. What about you?" I asked twirling the string of the phone with my finger.

"Drinkin' obviously!!"

"You're crazy man.." I mumbled.

"Fuck yoOou!" Jimmy said before hanging up the phone.

I shook my head then headed to my room and just fell on my bed. I gotta get out of here..

An idea popped into my head.

Why don't I just run away?

I quickly got up from my bed, grabbed an old backpack.

—/

Fuck, why am I here?

I knocked on Mo'Nique's apartment door.

"Del?" She said and rubbed her eyes.

"Why are you here?" She asked.

"Cuz my pops hit me.." I mumbled.

"What the fuck.." She replied. I moved my beanie hat out of the way to show her the gash on my head.

"Are you ok?" She asked.

"Yeah yeah fasho, but can I crash at your place until I can find my own?" I asked. She pondered for a bit.

"We straight though, right? After what happened at my job." She asked. I nodded my head in response. She obliged and allowed me into her apartment.

"Y'know you gon' have to sleep on the couch right?" She asked.

"I expected that." I responded.

"Cant believe you woke a bitch up from her beauty sleep for this."

"Oops." I said and collapsed onto the couch. She shook her head playfully and sluggishly walked back to her room.

————

Kind of a short chapter but whatever sue me