• XIX •

• B-Rabbit •

Fucking hell! I woke up and my head was pounding.

Shittttt. I rubbed my head and sat up from the couch. I looked around and Lily was sitting at the table drawing while my moms was cooking something.

"You're finally up." My moms started. "Your friend Del keeps calling you."

"Did she say what 'bout?" I asked.

"No." She simply replied. I sighed and walked past her into the bathroom. I took off my clothes and hopped in the shower.

I let the warm water run down my face and down my body.

What the fuck did I do last night? I can't remember shit! I think I said something to Del last night but what? All I remember is leaving with her and dropping her home... Maybe I called her? Shit I hope she ain't mad or wtv.

I smiled to myself recalling my memories, I let the water fall right in my face.

She my girl now! A wave of joy overcame me until it was interrupted with a banging on the door.

"Get out Jimmy! You're using a lot of water!" My moms yelled. I rolled my eyes and turned off the shower

—/

"Yo Del! Figured I catch you here.." I yelled to her. She turned her head from across the street. She was standing near a car talking to her friend, I presume.

"Whaddup Rabbit." She greeted me.

"Would you want to come to the studio with me?" I asked her.

Her face lit up.

"Course!" She replied, I smiled slightly.

"Thanks.. I'll pick you up tomorrow.." I trailed.

"Fasho, I gotta go though. I'll call you later or something!" She quickly said before getting in the car with her friend.

Fuck! I didn't even get to mention what happened last night.

I sighed realizing I had to get back to my job, my lunch break was coming to an end.

I walked back into the back entrance of the building, where I was met with Janeane.

"Janeane? What– what the fuck are you doing here?!" I asked.

"You haven't called or anything!" She asked and raised her voice.

"Look I've been busy." I replied.

"Busy doing what? And who was that girl?" She asked with a bitchy attitude.

"I'm saving up some money and she ain't any of your fucking business." I replied before continuing back into the building.

"Fuck you rabbit!" I heard her yell as I walked up the stairway into the main building. I rolled my eyes and went back to stamping bumpers.

I did happen to notice a cut on Del's forehead. Prolly should've asked what happened but she was in such a rush..

—/

"Did you get the phone back on?" I asked my mom while I sat at the small, circular, wooden table near the window.

"You gotta talk to your little girlfriend?" My mom asked and gave me that usual mom smile when she thought something was up.

I was really prepared to tell everyone, guess it gotta come out somehow.

"Yeah.. I gotta tell her something." I said to her.

"Awww! Jimmy's got a girlfriend!" Lily squealed.

"Shh.." I hushed her and she smiled. I ruffled her hair and got up to grab the phone off the wall.

I dialed her number and waited for her to pick up.

It was pretty late, about 11:30 but I'm sure she's awake.

It took a couple of seconds but a male voice answered. I'm guessing it's her pops.

"Hey um, is Del there?" I asked.

"She ain't here." They simply replied.

"What? Where is she?"

"I don't know! She ran away sometime yesterday.." He paused for a minute.

"Why do you want to find her?"

"I got my reasons." I replied sternly.

"I don't even know why she likes you." I heard the anger in his voice.

"I don't know how she ended up with a father like you." I said before hanging the phone up in anger.

I sighed and walked back to the kitchen.

"What's wrong, Rabbit?" My moms asked.

"She isn't at home.." I replied bluntly not mentioning how he said she may have run away.

'I saw her today though..' I thought for a moment.

"I'll be back in a bit." I told them.

"No!! Jimmyyyy.." Lily cried.

I turned around midway through the door.

"What baby?" I asked her.

"I want you to stay.." She replied and grabbed my baggy pants.

"I'll be back in a little bit ok?" I reassured her and ruffled her hair.

She looked a tad bit sad when I left but I needed to find Del.

————

sorry for not updating for like three months!!
had no idea where to go with this book and i've been doing a lot of stuff with this summer work i got for high school!! no i didn't fail! in case you were wondering, it was just a lot of work and i have to review bunch of movies to relate to the books i've been reading

anyways updates might get back to normal!

Sorry for the delay..