• VIII •

• Delaney •

"What's taking so long, jeez." I asked Jimmy.

"He ain't coming to the door." Jimmy replied knocking on the door one last time.

"Shit, glad he ain't shoot his fucking dick off." Sol said and they laughed.

Jimmy gave up and we left the property.

"When you publish your demo we gon' get all the bitches!" Sol yelled with glee.

"Man shut the fuck up! That's all we ever talk about.." Jimmy yelled. "Oh WeRe GoNnA gEt AlL tHe BiTcHeS." He said in a low voice mimicking Sol.

"But we ain't doing shit!" Jimmy yelled. "We still at home living with our moms, fuck this." He said.

They snickered after he walked away. I followed after him as I was his ride here.

"Ima go over to ya moms and thank her fo' the car she gave you for your birthday!" Sol yelled to Jimmy obviously meaning he would thank her in a sexual way.

I looked back at the house walking backwards to my car and saw Cheddar peeping out the window.

I furrowed my eyebrows and called out for Jimmy.

"Jimmy!" I yelled.

He stopped from getting into the car and looked over to me.

"I think Cheddar is up but he jus' ignorin' us or sum." I stated and pointing my finger to the window.

He questioned me with his eye and closed the door to my car. He started walking to the house. I quickly followed after him.

We walked around the back of the house and Jimmy opened the back door for me.

"Thanks." I said to him.

"No problem pretty lady." Jimmy said to me and pursed his lips together.

I just shook my head playfully and saw Cheddar laying down on the couch.

"Cheddar I know your awake." I said to him but he didn't open his eyes.

"I seen you from the window dawg." I said and Cheddar finally opened his eyes.

"Why didn't you answer the door man?" Jimmy asked.

Cheddar sighed.

"I just didn't want them making fun of me y'know?" Cheddar replied.

"Yeah.." Jimmy replied.

"Don't worry 'bout them." I said to Cheddar and he nodded.

"Whenever you feel better call me aight?" Jimmy said and patted him on his shoulder.

I waved to Cheddar and we left the house.

"Yo, can we stop by Seven Eleven I needa pick up some things for Lily." Jimmy asked me.

"That's fine." I replied.

"Del you straight?" Jimmy stopped me before crossing the street to my car.

I shrugged.

"It's just..my pops, he doesn't value my opinion and it really fucking pisses me off." I admitted. "Every time I have to explain myself he gets mad at me and I just can't deal with it anymore." I said to him. I met his blue eyes that were filled with sympathy. I wanted him to pull me into a hug.

"Sorry.." He mumbled.

"You good." I said with no emotion in my voice.

We walked to my car and headed to seven eleven.

"Del!" Mo'Nique yelled.

"Whaddup." I greeted her.

"Oh hey Rabbit." Mo'Nique said to Jimmy.

"How ya been?" Mo'Nique asked me while checking her nails.

I glanced over to Jimmy and he was looking at me. He raised his eyebrows, and looked back at the shelves.

I looked down and then back at Mo'Nique.

"I've been good." I replied dully.

"You sure?" She asked and I just nodded. She looked skeptical but I didn't pay attention to her.

I moved to the side and Jimmy put a pack of Crayons and a coloring book on the counter.

Mo'Nique scanned the items and gave them to him.

"Thanks.." Jimmy grabbed the bag and we walked out.

————

Filler chapter