FOURTEEN.

I thought I lost him.

I genuinely thought I was good for the night. That he was just going to be in his room all night and not bother me.

I really should've been smarter than that.

Thirty minutes after I hear the shower turn off down the hall, my door bursts open to reveal Harry in his pajamas, hair still damp.

"So, what are we doing?" He asks, sitting on the edge of my bed.

I look away from the book in my hands, trying to formulate my most annoyed expression so he's aware.

I was expecting his pajamas to be more snooty. He's simply wearing yellow and white striped pajama pants and a white shirt with a cartoon banana on it.

If I didn't know better, I'd think he had gotten them from Target or something but I'm pretty sure they're designer.

"Going to bed." I simply tell him before turning my eyes back to the page.

"No you're not, you're reading."

"Well, I'm going to bed after this chapter."

"It's only 10pm."

"And?"

"And I don't believe a former party animal like you goes to bed at 10pm. You probably stay up late and sleep in all day."

Who is he to tell me what I do?

He's right, but still, damn him.

"I really want to finish this, so if you would just please..."

"Right, sorry."

Ten seconds pass.

"What are you reading?"

He just likes hearing himself talk at this point.

I sigh.

"In Watermelon Sugar."

"Interesting, never heard of it."

"Wouldn't expect you to."

"What is that supposed to mean?" He crosses his arms.

"Nothing," I shrug. "You just seem too wrapped up in your star life that you don't have time to do normal shit. Didn't mean for it to be offensive."

For once I didn't mean anything to be offensive.

Harry pauses, seeming as though he needs to sit with this. I don't think anyone has ever said anything like that to him before.

"I don't think that's true."

"So why did you pause?"

"Because....because..." He begins to stammer.

"When was the last time you felt fully relaxed?"

"The past couple years after the band went on hiatus. I've just been doing everything I've wanted to do."

"Okay, but did you ever feel relaxed? Or was the pressure of when you were going to make more music always there? And did you completely stop writing songs or did you feel as though you needed to keep working because you were programmed at a young age to believe nothing would ever be enough?"

"Damn," He whispers. "You're good."

"Raised by a therapist, you pick up a few things."

"Mind reading being one of them?"

"Nope, that just comes naturally."

It grows quiet again as Harry sits there in thought. I take this as an advantage to continue reading and silently hope he just leaves.