SIXTEEN.

*May be triggering, mentions of alcohol, drugs, and drug use*

Jamaica

I'm probably the last one to arrive. The entire flight was Harry texting me nonstop, asking me for my every single move and location. Eventually, I turned my phone off saying it was losing service.

I very much had service.

It wasn't a bad flight, pretty short if I'm being honest, and the snacks were worth the extra dollars. The woman beside me with the anxious baby kept downing her mini tequila bottles like it was water and it reminded me of how I used to be.

Surprisingly, I didn't get that urge. I was more disgusted by the fact that she was letting the infant play with the empty bottle and even so letting it wrap its mouth around the top.

Idiot.

I'll pat myself on the back though. Usually, I'd feel the urge and have to talk myself out of ordering a drink. But I'm here for work, and I can't fuck this up.

Nor can I prove Elliot right.

He apologized, yeah. But I want this to go my way out of spite.

A car picked me up from the airport, probably someone working for Harry because the driver held up a sign with my name on it and offered me a variety of snacks.

It was a short drive to wherever we were staying. I take a second to admire the beauty of the architecture before me. It's a nice place, pretty down to earth for someone who's rich and flashy. Looks huge though, so I have a feeling the inside might be a bit much.

The moment I walk through the door, I spot Harry in an instant. There he stands, waiting for me with a ridiculous smile and a care basket.

It takes everything in me to not turn my ass around and go home.

"I've been waiting all day for you!" Harry says as I approach him.

"Oh, yay." I respond through a forced smile.

It's just two months, Monroe.

"Here's your basket, I was up all night making it for you. Wanna see the room?"

The basket is shoved into my hands, and Harry grabs my bags, already walking down the hall. I'm guessing I have no choice than to see the room
right now.

It's huge. Like you could fit a house into this room. You could fit a family of seven into this room. You could fit five fucking dragons in this room.

"This is your side of the room."

It's spacey, with a large bed and a bedside table. Not to mention, I have a window. The view is nice, just the large pool in the even larger backyard.

Harry's side is across the room. Literally across. There's a couch and a wall, separating us.

Thank the Lord.

"Nice." Is all I say.

I don't really know how to socialize with Harry, especially when he's not doing anything to annoy me for the time being. Small talk has never been my favorite, and now that it's with some random dude I'm working with but also rooming with, I'm only left more uncomfortable.

"So," Harry says after a few seconds of silence. "We should probably discuss your uh...you know."

"My what?"