SEVENTEEN.

7am.

Bright and early.

Mr. Harry Styles and I practically forehead to forehead as he holds a steaming mug of black coffee up to my nose.

"Good morning, Monroe. Brought you coffee. Would you like anything to go with it?"

"A gun."

"You're so funny."

He places the mug down on my bedside table and sits on the edge of my bed.

"Wasn't a joke." I grumble to myself as I sit up against my headboard.

"We've got a busy day today. Better get those fingers ready they're going to be of great use," A pause while he sits back to register the words that just came out of his mouth. "B-because you play bass. Simply that, that's why I said that, I didn't mean anything suggestive, that didn't sound right coming out."

"Well Harold, if I had known this is why you flew me out I wouldn't have come."

His face is beet red now.

"No! I swear I didn't mean it like that. You're a bass player!"

"I'm aware."

"I should've worded it differently, I can't believe it's the first day of your job and I, the boss has made it easy for you to report me to HR."

"There's HR?"

"Jeff. But if anything he's worse than real HR. He yells, trust me you wouldn't want to be in that line of fire."

"Noted. But you're fine. To be honest, I don't take anything you say seriously."

"Is that you being mean again?"

"Oh, look! Maeve's calling."

Why? No clue.

But I can't thank her enough for getting me out of a conversation with Harry.

Now if only she could do this every time he even approaches me...

"Hi, Maeve." I greet the second I pick up the phone.

"Roe? Is that really you?" She sounds shocked.

A little too shocked.

"Yes? Did I die or something?"

"No, I'm just shocked you're up at a reasonable time."

"Oh. Isn't it like 5am over there?"

"Yes."

"What are you doing up at such an unreasonable time?"

"I don't know, to be honest. I just woke up and felt the urge to call you. Check in, you know?"

Typical Maeve.

She's a worrier, stresses over a majority of things that she shouldn't really be stressing over.

One of those things being me. That woman will not rest until she knows I'm breathing and okay. Of course, I appreciate it greatly, but I don't want her making herself sick with worry over me all the time.

I knew Jamaica would be a huge change for her. But I didn't anticipate it'd be so soon that she'd call.

"Very much sober, Maeve." I say.

She laughs in a mixture of embarrassment and relief.

"I don't know maybe everyone spent the first night celebrating with drinks and stuff."

"They did, I just chose to stay in my room."

"Can confirm!" Harry shouts toward my phone.

I narrow my eyes at him and he hunkers down.