Chapter 19

Enjoy some unnecessary fluff c:

For a moment, no one said a word. Carlos smirked and started to say something when Ray cut him off. "Carlos! Mijo, help Reggie and Alex clear the table. I'm going to go... grab dessert." Carlos begrudgingly got up from the table, and joined Alex and Reggie. Ray left the table and hustled the others out of the room.

"Luke?"

"Um, yes Julie?"

"Uh what did you just say?"

Luke had a choice. Confess his feelings for Julie and deal with the consequences, or... not. But with everything that had happened between them recently, Luke wasn't sure what the right thing to do was. "Oh, um you know, well you're great. And you know, just really great, so I don't know how Jax thinks he could find someone better than you." Luke had a blush that matched the one that Julie had spreading across her cheeks. Okay, so he didn't fully tell Julie how he felt about her, but it was better than nothing.

Julie and Luke stared at each other, desperately wishing they knew what the other was thinking.

"Listen Jules, I know things have been... complicated lately, but I-"

Flynn burst through the front door, abruptly silencing Luke's voice.

"HA! I DIDN'T MESS IT UP ALEX! IT WAS FLYNN THIS TIME!" Reggie yelled from the kitchen, followed by a loud whack sound. "Ouuuuuch. What was that for?"

Flynn grabbed Julie's arm and rushed her up stairs to her room. "FLYNN slow down!"

Luke put his head in his hands and Alex wanted to do the same. These two idiots were so close to finally confessing how they feel about each other.

***

"Girl why are you looking at me like that? I have great news!" Julie was sitting on her bed giving Flynn a scathing look.

"Well?"

"You don't have to worry about Olivia anymore. She's totally not into Luke. She actually might like Carrie but that's a whole other story. But EEEE this means there's no one standing in your way for you and Luke!"

"Except you" Julie huffed.

"Crazy girl say what?"

"Oh you know, Luke and I were just having a MOMENT when you came ripping through the door and literally dragged me away from him!"

"Oop... well the good thing is you two are ALWAYS having a moment. So you can miss this one?"

Julie rolled her eyes. "You're lucky you're my best friend."

Flynn jumped on the bed next to Julie. "I know," she said with a huge smile.

Julie gave Flynn a hug and then quickly broke away. "Wait, back up, Olivia aka the girl who we just met is into Carrie? I need all the details. Now." Flynn went to start the story but Julie help up her hand. "WAIT! I'm going to go get popcorn. And Alex."

Flynn chuckled as Julie ran out of the room, "HEY BRING ME A SODA TOO!"

***

Luke still hadn't moved from the table. He heard commotion upstairs, random words, and then Julie ran down the stairs, shot Luke a quick smile, grabbed snacks, sodas, and Alex, before running back up the stairs and slamming her door shut.

"Man. Julie is so weird Dad. Luckily, you've got me."

"Mhm, well Mijo, I give you a few years before you start going crazy over a girl, and then we'll talk."