B. 1 Ch. 1

"I Chose To Be Your Friend, But Falling In Love With You Was Out Of My Control."

When I'm on set my mom sometimes texts me. It's weird because her timing is impeccable. The Russo brothers called for a 5 minute break and I took that as an opportunity to respond to my mom.

I usually go stand by the snack table away from everyone else for these 5 minutes. I wouldn't say I am antisocial but I wouldn't say I am very outspoken in crowds. Sometimes I just liked being alone for a minute. 

When I got to the table I took out my phone and responded to my mom. It took 10 seconds of me arriving at my spot that Scarlett comes up behind me and purposely bumps into me. Scarlett is very playful, at least when it comes to me. So her doing this was normal but it scared me, slightly.

I looked up at her and she was giving me a cheeky smile. This could mean 1 of 3 things. 1 she came over here only to mess with me. 2 she wants to ask a question and doesn't know how to ask. Or 3 both.

"What can I do for you ma'am?" I say looking back down at my phone. I don't know why but her very presence makes my heart skip a beat.

"Well firstly who are you texting?" she asked, trying to look over at my phone.                                       

"My mother" I laughed and closed my phone as the message was sent. 

Scarlett knew who my mom was. They actually adore each other. It was cute watching Scarlett try and read my messages. I have nothing to hide from her and she knows this. Curiosity just gets the best of her. Which makes her adorable.

 "Awww that's so sweet" she gave that sweet smile that always melted my heart.

It was at this moment I realized how close we were. It wasn't close enough that anyone from the outside perspective would think it was weird or suspicious. No, we were close that if she had taken a step \or two more we would be kissing. 

My heart quickened at the thought of us kissing. I needed to quickly calm my mind without looking sus. I started thinking of animals, lions to be more exact. It helped ease my heart. I took a non-noticeable step back and replied to her mocking normally. 

"Did you come over here to mock me or ask me something?" to show she had my full attention I put my phone on the table.

"Why not both" I gave her an annoyed look while she smiled. Scar knew how to dodge questions.

"Ok, I came to ask if you were doing a movie with Elizabeth"
"Yeah why?"
"Wow. I'm hurt, I had to find out from someone else and not my best friend" she said trying to smile with it.

It had completely slipped my mind to tell her I was doing a movie with Liz. I just kind of assumed that she would see it on social media or something. I could tell Scarlett was kind of hurt.

 Scarlett was an amazing actor but there was one person she couldn't fake out and it was me. Knowing her she would not want to be pitied so I played it off like I didn't see it.

"Welllll...you never asked" I gave a cheeky smile as I leaned against the table, she lightly hit me.

"Hey! You usually tell me if things like this go on"
"Yeah your right. How would you like for me to make it up for you?" So many ideas but her answer is and will always be..

"Free food!" 
"Wow who would've thought" I mocked and laughed

I felt the vibrate so I looked down at my phone. I read the text my mom sent saying 'Ok have fun! :)'. I didn't think anything of it and smiled to myself. When I did come to the realization it was too late. My eyes were glued to the Black Widow screen saver on my phone. The embarrassment kept rising the longer my phone stayed open.

I did not want to look at Scarlett. So out of the corner of my eye I looked at her. I couldn't tell if she was happy or shocked, but she was definitely smiling. I was about to pick up my phone and act like nothing happened when Scarlett picked it up and took off running.

Knowing her she was going to show the whole world my screen saver. I chased after her. Scarlett is dying laughing while running around some crew mates with my phone. Since I was right behind her, she didn't have enough time to give anyone a good look at my phone.

I noticed she started losing stamina quickly because she was laughing so much. We ended up in the set parking lot when I finally caught her. I ran up behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist. We started laughing while fighting over the phone.

"Scar please give me back my phone" I said pleading but laughing at the same time.

"Not until you tell me what I'm doing as your screensaver." she said looking back at me holding the phone just out of my grasp.

"I will, just give it back"

While still looking back at me, she smirked and dropped my phone in my hand. It was her smile that made me realize the position we were in. I instantly started getting nervous again.

I let go of her and looked around to calm myself, but also to see if any one saw us. Seeing as there were a lot of people inside and outside of the set, I couldn't really see everyone.

I put my phone back in my pocket. I was calm enough to look at Scarlett again. I guess she was waiting for me to explain why I had her as my screen saver because she was just looking at me. Out of conscience I just turned and walked away, just looking at her made me nervous again. 

How can someone be that beautiful?