B. 1 Ch. 21

"You will fall in love many times in your life. But the best one will be falling in love with your best friend."

Breakfast was pretty decent from my point of view. Rose and I kept making jokes and playing with our food while Scar took pictures of us. It was pretty eventful and strangely relaxing even though we were just making fools of ourselves. At the moment, I am driving to the most dreadful place in the world right now. Scarlett's parents' house. It's not that I've never met her parents because growing up together I had to meet them, it's just that her dad doesn't like me.

It's for an understandable reason so I stayed away from the Johansson property. Scar didn't like that when we were younger so she would try to make peace between me and her dad but it never worked. I just hope she doesn't make me go in with them. I haven't stepped foot into that house since I was like 20, so it's been years. As I'm following Scarlett's directions to her parents house, I start recognizing the cozy neighborhood I'm driving through.

I stopped at a one story house with 2 vehicles in it's driveway. Doesn't matter how long ago I was here, I still remember this house like it's my own home. I put the car in park and looked over at Scar and Rose who were unbuckling their seat belts. I'm guessing Scar felt me looking at her and looked up.

"You're going to get out?" I laughed at the insane question thinking it was a joke. I stopped instantly when I realized Scar wasn't joking. I cleared my throat and shook my head.

"I'm good. I'll just wait here for you." Scar huffed.

"Come on. My parents haven't seen you in so long."

"Then let me be invisible."

"Y/NN."

"Scar, your dad hates me."

"No one can hate you Y/N." I looked in the backseat to see Rose smiling at me so sweetly which made me return the smile. This kid is way too precious.

"Your grandpa is the first." I mumbled and Scar heard me.

"You're going to say hi to them."

"But-" I stopped when Scar gave me a certain look. I knew at that point I had no choice but to agree or I wouldn't hear the end of it. Sighing, I got out of the car along with the girls. Rose was snickering which made me give her a playful glare as I pulled out Rose's big bag full of toys.

"Can I carry it? I wanna try to carry it." I raised my brow at the little girl who was trying to get the bag from my hand.

"You sure?" She nodded and I shrugged. I put it on her shoulder and made sure she was stable before letting go. I grabbed her little book bag and closed the back of the car. Scar started walking in front of me to the house while Rose was walking slowly but managing to carry the over sized bag.

Scar knocked on the door and as soon as she finished the door swung open to reveal her dad with a huge smile on his face. He brought her daughter in for a hug and let go, the smile on his face never leaving. That was until he noticed me. Then his smiled completely dropped from his face and he looked like he wanted to hit me. I gave a tight lipped smile and a little wave.

"Hi Mr. Johansson."

"Y/N." The way he said my name was so cold but yeah he totally doesn't hate me. I was going to say something but he looked behind me at I'm guessing at Rose and back at me and oh boy did he look pissed.

"Ruining my world series special edition baseball wasn't enough but now you have my granddaughter carrying a bag that's visibly too heavy for her." My eyes widened as I looked at Rose then Scarlett then back to Mr. Johansson. Aw, shit.

"N-No sir. She wanted to try and carry it so I let her." He raised his brows in a disapproving way but before he could say something Scar interrupted.

"Be nice dad, your granddaughter wants to be independent."

"Papa!" Rose yelled as she dropped the bag she managed to get to the front door, to hug her grandfather which he returned with a huge smile on his face.

"How are you Rose?"

"I'm great! I carried my toy bag all the way here!" Rose cheered and so did I. Mr. Johansson looked up at me then back down at Rose. I internally smiled then looked over at Scarlett out of habit or to lock eyes with her. We stared at each other until someone cleared their throat. I looked to the direction of where the sound came from and it was Mr. Johansson. I quickly looked down while Scarlett giggled quietly.

"Well dad we have to get going. Call me if anything happens." Mr. Johansson just nodded while I felt him staring at me. I quickly looked up and made eye contact with him then looked at Rose.

"Have fun Rose." I gave a soft smile as I messed up her hair. She squirmed and slapped my hand from her head making me laugh. I looked up and held Mr. Johansson's glare before speaking.

"It was nice seeing you again, Mr. Johansson." He nodded then gave me what seemed to be a genuine smile which is something I haven't seen in 14 years.

"It was nice seeing you again, Y/N" I was about to lose my shit. The only time he ever talks to me is to question my existence and hurt my soul but that's not what happened. I felt so confused so I looked to Scarlett for a possible answer but all I got was her looking like she was about to burst into a fit of laughter. I looked back at Mr. Johansson and just nodded. He has to be faking. Wasn't he just pissed off at me a second ago?

I started questioning everything till I felt someone tug on my arm pulling towards the car. Scar was saying something but all I could think about was what the fudge just happened. I might be dreaming. No, I have to be dreaming. I didn't even realize I was already in the car until I heard the passenger door close.

"What just happened?"

"I told you he didn't hate you." I furrowed my brows in confusion as I looked at Scarlett.

"My dad forgave you years ago when you replaced his ball and got him a better one. He just didn't forgive you for when you pushed him in the pool during one of our barbecues. He said that he was going to get you back so he made you think he hated you because you ruined his favorite shoes."

I slowly started to think back to that day which made me laugh. Before this 'incident' Mr. Johansson was close. We would always pull pranks on each other just because. We were either bickering about something on the tv or pulling random jokes. Now that I think about it, I remember him saying that he was going to pull the longest prank known to mankind on me. I, of course, laughed at him saying he wouldn't even remember that he was doing a prank by the end of the week. I guess I was wrong.

"Your dad is crazy. That's not a good 'prank'. That shit was hurtful."

"Yep and now you owe him $10." I groaned as I leaned back into my seat while Scar laughed then grabbed my hand.

"Told you to stop making bets."

"I'm going to get him back, just you watch." I started the car as Scarlett laughed again.