B. 1 Ch. 3

"You don't realize how painful it is to say 'We're just friends'."

We woke up pretty late to take a private jet to the great big apple. The sun was at the right angle to shine on Scarlett as we arrived on the runway. Scar looked beautiful but I was not going to tell her that.

We got on the plane and started the 5 hour ride. Most times I would be active and talk. Maybe play some games but right now I was curious as to what pictures blew up. I would try and do some research on it but I'm to tired to be bothered, so I went to sleep.

I was awoken by the most alluring woman I have ever laid eyes on. Usually I thrown awake my manager but she sweetly and calmly woke me up. All she did was touch my cheek and say my name softly and I woke up. It was like I was in a dream but awake.

"Wake up, Joker" she said with a jokingly smile. She moved away from me back to her seat. This gave me just enough time to comprehend where we were.

"Wow I just wake up and you're already insulting me"
"How do you know that was an insult, could've been a cover-up compliment"
"Damn there everything you say to me is some type of insult"

She laughed and I looked out the window. The plane was just stopping and there was a limo waiting for us. When it did fully stop Scarlett and I exited and was immediately greeted by our driver. We shook hands than he opened the door for us.

If I am with someone else I usually let them do all the talking to the driver. I looked out the window while Scarlett was talking to me. I wasn't paying attention. I was zoning out, it wasn't intentional. 

"Y/N..." Her calling me snapped me out of my daydream. I looked at her.
"Yeah? Sorry"
"You okay?"
"Yeah, just day dreaming"
"Okay, so what do you want to do. We have a few hours to kill"
"The beach" 

I always liked going to the beach. It was calming watching the water crash against the sand, the cool air on your skin, the water and sand between your toes. I felt at peace when I was there. The ocean is the one thing that I know won't judge or rush me for an autograph. Few people know this. Scarlett was one of them. 

"Might want to go after the interview"
"Yeah...I know"
"Hey, you sure you're okay?" 
"Yes, I'm completely fine" I smiled

Scarlett knew I was lying but didn't push it. I knew Jimmy and I knew my fans. Somehow someway there are pictures of me and Scarlett doing something "couple" related. I wasn't worried about what the photos were but more of how I would react without lying.

The driver took us to the hotel we'll be staying at. We got separate rooms but right next to each other. We split as we went to our different rooms. As soon as I touched the bed I fell asleep. It was so soft it felt like I was sleeping on a cloud. My mind cleared as I slept.

After and hour or so I heard a knock at my door. I was way to comfortable to move but I knew I had to. I got up unwillingly and opened the door. Scarlett was standing dressed professionally. I forgot we had an interview to get to.

"Ah shit, give me a minute"
"I'll be in the lobby, hurry up" She said laughing and walking away.

I had my clothes already ready, I knew this was gonna happened. I brushed my teeth and fixed my hair. I put on my clothes. It was a black tight fitted shirt, grey business pants and a grey jacket. I put on anything extra that was needed before I left my room.

I meet Scarlett downstairs, she gave me a soft smile as I came down. That was her way of saying she approves with her actually saying it. We walked out to the limo as our driver opened the door for us.

I looked out the window, this time the beautiful night scenery catching me. In no time we were backstage at the Jimmy Fallon show, getting makeup and microphones put on us. After all of that we standing by the stage entrance. Waiting for our cue.

"Now from the Avengers cast please welcome Scarlett Johansson and Y/N Y/L/N"

I could hear the crowd applaud and cheer as the backdrop lifted up revealing us standing and doing funny poses. After the backdrop fully lifted we stopped posing and started smiling and waving. I let Scarlett go first.

While waving and smiling to the audience we made our way to Jimmy. Scarlett gave him a hug and I shook his hand. I sat right next to Jimmy's desk given that Scarlett didn't want to. We continued to smile as Jimmy and the crowd settled down. 

"Uh Thank you for coming" Jimmy said as he moved in his desk
"I just couldn't say no to my favorite fan" We all laughed

                                                                   **
Sometime passed in the interview. Questions about the movie and a mini dance battle happened, which I had to take off my jacket for. I felt a slight relieve as I knew our time here was coming to an end. No questions about me or Scar being a couple were asked.

"Ok, I know we are running out of time but I would like to show both of you a picture that has blown up over the last 24 hours" Jimmy said reaching under his desk.

"Yeah, sure" I said
"Okay" Scar said

Scarlett positioned herself that she so that she was leaning on the couch with her left arm top of the couch. She wasn't close but she most definitely wasn't far from me. Jimmy pulled out a photo attached to a black card. When I looked at the photo my face felt like it was on fire.

Someone managed to get a photo of me behind Scarlett when I was trying to get my phone back. One of arms wrapped around her waist as she is looking back at me, dropping my phone in my hand.

I just stared at the photo. From the outside view I knew how it looked. I truly didn't know what to say or do for a solid minute. Finally I looked at Scarlett who was red in the face but had a small smile on her face.

I looked at the audience as I turned my attention back to Jimmy. Everyone was anxiously waiting for my answer.

I give a small laugh as I answer "Right so your favorite actress was bullying me."

"What, how was she bullying you" he chuckled

"Well as any human, I have a favorite superhero and SCARLETT made fun of me. Over the time my favorite hero has changed but I forgot to change my screen saver on my phone" 

"Oh no" Jimmy was now laughing lightly

"Scarlett decided it was a great idea to take my phone and start showing people so I chased her. That was taken when I was getting it back finally" I say as I point to the photo.

"Oh Scarlett you're a secret bully" Everyone laughed. I laughed at looked down.
"I wouldn't say that but if so only to Y/N" She laughed and I chuckled and made eye contact with Scar. Jimmy put down the photo.

"So is there anything going on between you two? No hidden feelings?" He sounded like he wanted us to say yes. 

I just put my head down and positioned myself so that I was fully facing the audience. I didn't want lie nor did I want to say any type of the truth, so I decided to let Scarlett answer that.

"No nothing at all, Y/N is my best friend and has been for awhile" I smiled to myself when she said that. I guess Jimmy noticed me being quiet, damn him.

"Y/N, is there any secret we should know about you and Scarlett?"
"Nope. We're just friends" I say looking up and smiling at him
"Oh no, our ships have been broken" I gave a soft laugh, which disappeared instantly as I got into my head.

It hurt me to my core to say those words out loud. It was like my heart got ripped into pieces and stomped on. I no longer was in the mood to talk. I wanted to go. I needed to go. I needed to be alone. 

'We're just friends' Yeah and it sucks...