B. 1 Ch. 4

"I want to stay close, even though I love you more than that."

When Jimmy gave us our cue that we were to leave, I pastured a big smile and waved to the audience. Scar did the same as we went backstage. The crew worked quickly to take the mics off of us, but I was done before Scar.

"Y/N/N (nickname), I'm going to speak to some of the fans before we leave."

Not many people use my nickname, just people close to me. I don't have a problem with people using it but when Scarlett does I get butterflies again. I don't like it, but Scar likes using it so I let her.

"I'll be outside"

We split. I would talk to fans but there are many that didn't get a chance to see the show. Also I just wanted to walk to the beach I saw earlier. It was close by so I could walk back before Scarlett was done. As I walked out of the building our driver opened the door for me. I smiled genuinely before rejecting the invite.

"I'm gonna walk down to the beach for a minute."

He nodded to show he understood. I started walking down the street, taking in the buildings and sights. As I got closer to my destination, I heard multiple high pitched screams. I turned around to see 5 females running over to me. I quickly put on a smile and opened my arms as they ran for a hug.

"Oh my god, I can't believe it's you!"

"Can we get a picture please?"

"Sure!"

We took multiple pictures. Most goofy photos. I had no problem at all taking pictures for my fans. It actually made me happy to make them happy with a few random poses. When they got all the photos they wanted they thanked me than walked off cheerful. I made my way to the water.

When I got to edge of the water I just stared at the darkened space in front of me. The crashes of the water made it easy for me to relax. I felt at ease. The ocean is the one place I feel normal.

I couldn't tell you how much time passed. The peace and quiet really caught me in a trance. I only snapped out of it when I felt arms wrap around my shoulders. I instantly get defensive but I calm down when I hear Scarlett's calm voice in my ear.

"You okay?" She removed her arms and stood next to me, looking over the sea.

"I'm fine. Just really wanted to go to the beach." I saw Scarlett look at me. Even though it was dark I could see her perfectly, trying to study me.

"I know that's not true. In the interview you looked uncomfortable."

"I-I wasn't prepared for that question...or picture." I did not want to make eye contact with Scarlett. I knew with the thought in mind, I would do or say something stupid. 

"Yeah, me either." We stayed quiet after a while. It was comfortable silence but I knew we couldn't stay like this forever. At some point she would truly want to find out what's wrong with me and I would dodge the question as much as possible before it fails. 

"Should probably get going. Both of us have to catch an early flight." I say looking away from the peaceful ocean and looking at the chaotic city behind me.

"So, you're not gonna tell me what's wrong?" We both locked eyes. Once again I was caught into a trance I had difficulty pulling away from. Finally I do and look back at the sea for one last time before looking back at her.

"It's-" I get cut off by Scarlett's phone ringing. As she pulled it out I saw the name. Scar gave me an apologetic look as she picked up the phone. I usually stay with her so she doesn't feel so alone or vulnerable while on the phone. This time I wasn't in the state of mind to hear a conversation between her and her boyfriend so I started walking down the beach.

I wasn't walking far nor was I was walking fast. Scar tried to follow me but her multiple task skills are not the greatest. I started thinking of reasons that I shouldn't feel the way I do. It's difficult constantly surrounded by your crush all the time.

There was absolutely no reason for me NOT to be in love with her. Other than her boyfriend she was perfect. Now don't get me wrong if my best friend wants to date someone I'm all for it. It's when I know I could treat her better is when I get a tad bit angry or sad.

I wasn't walking for long before Scarlett came up to me and put her hand on my shoulder which made me stop walking and look at her. She still had her phone out, maybe I was walking to fast for her.

"Where are you going?"
"I just wanted to give you your privacy." Lies.
"But you never-" I cut Scar off. I wasn't in the mood to talk about my feelings right now.
"I'm just tired. Gotta catch an early flight."

Showing that she was going to drop it Scarlett nodded. We both made our way back to our driver. He opened the door for us. I said thank you as Scarlett got in first, then myself. The drive back to the hotel was silent. No there was no sound except the rumble of the car.

I was lost in thought. The same questions constantly washing over my head as I looked over at Scarlett.

Do I tell her? When do I tell her? Should I? She doesn't need to know, right? How would she react if I did? 

By the time we arrived at the hotel I came to a conclusion. I won't tell her. NO one will know. No one will get hurt and most importantly I would still have my friendship with her. It's all going to work out. Right? 

*Sorry for late update had complete writers block. I'm going to try and get at least 1 more part up. Thank you for all the support. :)*