.7. ᴛᴇᴅᴅʏ ʙᴇᴀʀᴀsᴀɴᴀ

"So, how are things with Taehyung?"

Jungkook should have guessed Jimin would eventually start with the questioning. He had been enquiring about their progress since day one. "Well, considering we're only three weeks in, I'm very happy with the improvement he's made in terms of endurance and flexibility. He almost touched his toes today!"

Jimin grunted. "It's not what I meant and you know it."

"What else can I tell you? It's not like he's ever hinted at his potential interest in me as something other than a yoga instructor."

"Well, what about you, Guk? Have you dropped any hints at all?"

The cringe that spread on Jungkook's face was quite self-explanatory. "I can't do that. You know I can't."

"Why not?"

"I'd lose him for sure. That's why."

"You're going to have to demonstrate the reasoning behind this absurd conclusion."

"He made it very clear from the start, how uncomfortable he was with — touching. I grabbed his hand once and I still remember it stiffening in my hold."

A pair of eyebrows wiggled. "So you do admit there's been some skinship already. Yet he hasn't run away from you, has he?"

"No, he hasn't."

"In fact, he's taking lessons with you despite the distance you are somehow determined to maintain between the two of you."

"Not despite but because of," Jungkook corrected.

"I can't with your work ethic." Jimin gave up on winning this argument. If Jungkook didn't want to jeopardize his strictly professional — and perfectly dull — arrangement with Taehyung, then it was his loss. He'd found it consistently fascinating, how Jungkook, despite his young age, had always been the least reckless of them, the more cautious one, if not wise.

Though in this case, Jimin was positive his friend's restraint was getting in the way of a potentially very good thing. Looking at their empty glasses, he ordered two more beers before leaning back into his seat.

"Answer one last question and then I'll drop the subject. What's in it for you? And don't tell me the extra cash because if you had been short on it, you'd have taken Hoseok hyung's offer to moonlight as a backup dancer."

Jungkook's eyes lit up at some fond memory and the faintest smile replaced the pout he'd been sporting all evening. Jimin beamed. This instant mood shift was proof he was onto something. Aware he was not to force a confession out of the younger lest he might clam up, he remained quiet, waiting for the confidential disclosure which was not long in coming.

"There's a moment, at the end of our session, when we both lay on the floor on our backs, in the dark." Jungkook paused, expecting some inappropriate remark but Jimin kept surprisingly mum.

"It's supposed to be a time dedicated to breathing and even meditation since the practice usually prepares the mind for that. However, for some reason, Taehyung likes to spend this time talking. I can't figure out whether it's the silence that makes him uncomfortable or whether he just needs to express himself. But he does. And, I don't know — I just enjoy listening to him."

Jungkook mindlessly let his finger circle the rim of his empty glass. "He's got the sexiest voice. It's both soothing and enticing. I swear it just makes me want to—"

"Yes?"

"Never mind. You'd have to hear it to understand what I mean."

Jimin was not having it. "You must finish that sentence, Guk. What does it make you want to do?"

"Why should I tell you? You're just going to twist what I say and make it sound — bad or something."

"I will do no such thing. You have my word."

The beers arrived and Jungkook was still mute. Jimin grabbed both glasses in his hands, sliding them closer to him.

"Really, hyung? You're taking my drink away?"

"It's not yours. It's mine until you start talking."

"Fine." There was no point in arguing with Jimin. Jungkook took a deeper breath than expected before confessing. "Let me put it this way. Taehyung's voice is kinda like a rose, velvety, soft, and addicting even. When he speaks, it just — wraps itself around you and hugs you like a big fluffy teddy bear. Or something."

There was a pause. "Just to get this right: Taehyung's voice makes you want to — date a rose-smelling teddy bear?"

"See? That's precisely why I shouldn't confide in you."

"Okay, sorry. So, what does Pretty boy talk about?"

The smile on Jungkook's face returned, although he wasn't too fond of the way Jimin's sobriquet for Taehyung rolled off his tongue like that. "Sometimes he has questions regarding the practice. Other times he mentions Tannie, his puppy, and how he doesn't get to play with him much these days because apparently he's a busy guy."

"Pretty boy has a dog. And you know its name."

"Pretty boy has a name and it's Taehyung and what are you implying?"

"He's sharing stuff with you, Guk!"

"Yeah? So? I probably would've told him about my own pet. Had I had one — it doesn't mean anything." And thus Jungkook's long face returned.

"Well, let's assess what and how much tea he's spilled so far. Do you know what he does for a living?"

The young yoga instructor thought Jimin was getting slightly too excited but replied nonetheless. "He's pretty evasive. And I should respect his desire for privacy."

Jimin couldn't help but release an overly dramatic sigh. "Wow. If everyone were half as aloof as you, humans would simply stop having babies."

"I highly doubt that. And I'm not aloof. I'm just — considerate."

"Again. 8 billion people on planet Earth is not the work of consideration. Anyhow. Back to you and Pretty Boy. It hurts to admit it but from the looks of it, your love story's sad ending can only be attributed to one thing."

"Which is?"

"Its lack of beginning, Guk—" Jimin ruled. "I mean, we're already on what? Chapter 7? And I have yet to witness some significant action. Any action really."

"If it's frustrating for you, then what do you think it is like for me?"

"I don't know how you do it, to be honest. I can just picture you both lying on your mats, eager to touch one another yet not daring to lift a single finger for fear of scaring the other off. Tragic, really." They took a sip of their beer, heads light but hearts heavy. This was a dead end. Regardless, Jimin was not ready to surrender so soon. "When's your next lesson with him?"

"This coming Sunday. Why?"

"Promise me one thing."

Dread crept up all over Jungkook's face. "I am not going to purposely touch him, hyung!"

Jimin's eyes opened wide and, swiftly placing a hand on his chest, he mimicked the I-am-so-offended-by-your-insinuation look most convincingly. "I wasn't about to ask you that!"

"What do you want me to do then?"

Insert cliffhanger.

Wattpad fanfic writers write for free, but one way you can show your appreciation for their hard work is to vote!

Thank you for reading ~♡