.25. ᴋɪssᴀsᴀɴᴀ

A breath, followed by a gaze, heavy with untold truth.

But Jungkook has had enough of reading stares, despite being rather good at it. He really wished Taehyung used words at present, because he could see there were thousands of thoughts rattling the other's brain. And just as many utterances that could come out of his pretty mouth any moment now. Yet Jungkook was only interesting in hearing a handful of them.

Taehyung's eyes suddenly shifted as he looked behind him before scanning the area. The park was never empty, even after dark. Jungkook followed his gaze, noticed a few passersby, and felt silly for forgetting the public setting they were in. But where could they go? Jungkook didn't have a place of his own any longer and he couldn't possibly ask Taehyung to walk him home because it was Jimin's.

A café was out of the question. Too bright. Too crowded.

Taehyung's place? Truth be told, Jungkook didn't even know what kind of accomodation the idol was entitled to. And granted that he had a private apartment, the young man wasn't about to invite himself over.

He sighed, feeling rather impuissant.

"Hey," Taehyung said softly and Jungkook wondered how a voice could give off heat like that. His eyes found their way back to Taehyung's face and his heart jumped. He hadn't expected the idol to take off his mask. A smile graced his lips and once again, Jungkook went speechless.

Lucky for him, it wasn't his turn to speak. It was Taehyung's, and the silence that had settled between them was loud with cognizance. Now would be a great time to remember that Jungkook had mastered the art of waiting, and his stance was unmistakeable. He would wait for Taehyung to make his move. Even if it took the other forever to do so.

Apologies or useless I miss yous would do them no good at this point. Both knew that much. Still, Jungkook had not expected Taehyung to curse when he opened his mouth.

It sounded like screw it but before he could reflect on their meaning, Taehyung had closed the gap between their breath, allowing him to taste for the first time the silky sweetness of his lips.

Shutting his eyes, Jungkook let himself melt into the kiss which, come to think of it, was much better than words. As Taehyung had so aptly put it, screw words. Who needed words when Taehyung's lips were clearly made for kissing.

This. Was. Beyond. Words.

Thankfully, Taehyung lingered, enabling Jungkook to commit to memory the softness of his touch, the heat of his hands which had settled on the small of his back, the breeze still warm from the drawn-out summer, mingling their hairs and tickling his cheeks, and a thousand more sensations he'd be unable to describe accurately, mind full of a kiss he'd imagined many times over but never believed would happen. Not in this book at least. And certainly not under a roof of stars, in Nanji Park, after dark.

Neither of them spoke for a while, tasting the kiss which still pranced on their tongues. It was Taehyung who first let out a shaky pant. "Jungkook," he called, pupils dilated by the ambient obscurity, tone too serious for Jungkook's liking.

"Yes, Tae?"

"You're so quiet. Say something, please."

Jungkook looked down at their hands, the fingers of which had somehow entwined, and smiled, a little relieved. "This is such a perfect moment. Anything I say might ruin it."

Taehyung shook his head. "Give yourself some credit. Your voice alone suffices to improve the silence."

Jungkook's smile grew even bigger. "My voice, huh? Is that what did it for you?"