.15. ᴄᴜᴘᴘɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇʀᴀᴘᴀsᴀɴᴀ

The plan had always been simple. Simple enough for Taehyung to remember that hurting Jungkook had never been a part of it. His heart clenched once more at the thought of the hunched figure and shuddering shoulders as Jungkook held Fifi closer to his sobbing chest. Truth be told, hadn't it been for Hoseok's blunder, Taehyung would have had no way of knowing what or whom had been the cause of such grief.

A needle went prick.

"Ouch."

As another suction cup was placed near his coccyx, Taehyung attempted to distract his mind from the discomfort by recalling his first time meeting Jungkook.

Yoga injuries do happen.

The young man couldn't help but snigger at the thought. Yoga injuries sure did happen. And treatment turned out to be a painful affair. Speaking of pain, Taehyung wished Jungkook would have given him a heads-up regarding the risk of heartbreak related to the practice of Pilates, but he guessed both of them had been too clueless to foresee such undesirable outcome.

Prick

More needles dug their way into his skin, causing Taehyung to flinch.

"Please don't move, sir. It will be over in a moment."

Easier said than done.

Opening his phone, he messaged Joonie-hyung, his manager, asking why they had insisted on putting him through this when he felt fine to begin with. Thankfully, he didn't have to wait long for the reply. "Have you not seen the teasers? A mixtape is coming out on the day of your debut. We think it's Agust D's."

"What?"

Prick

"Ow!"

"Be still, please!"

Taehyung focused on the message on his screen, trying to make sense of the words and figure out how Agust D's mixtape had anything to do with him getting acupunctured.

"We're moving your debut up three weeks. Management just told me."

"WHAT?"

Prick

"Damn it!"

"Sir!"

Lying on this stomach on a rather cushy hospital bed did nothing to prevent the sudden rush of blood pumping through his heart which was presently hammering within his ribcage. Debuting sooner than expected meant Taehyung barely had a month left to get ready. Not to say that he wasn't ready. He'd work his butt off for the past year in order to have a debut worthy of the label he had signed with and who had invested quite a lot in grooming him for this solo career. Dance lessons. Voice coaching. Even some orthodontic work had been required to "bring out the dazzle" in his boxy smile. They had spared no expenses to get some of best songwriters to produce his first single, a dark ballad with a very sexy concept in which Taehyung had had little say.

The young trainee had initially been fine with the idea of becoming South Korea's crooner, because jazz had always been a preferred genre of his. Innocent Taehyung had, alas, not realized the concept they were going for called for an overly explicit choreography which had him gag a little every time he had to grab his female dance partner's ankle, perched on a chair, and make his way up her thigh with his fingers.

He had asked Namjoon once about the actual necessity to stick with an excessively heterosexual concept. "Are you uncomfortable with it?" his manager had wondered. Taehyung still kicked himself for not having had the guts to express just how flustering it was to have to pretend to be something he wasn't, especially given the fact that the girl had unambiguously granted him permission to grope her bum (supposedly "to drive the fans crazy").

Huh?

Taehyung would have rather danced with a coat hanger than fondle anybody's rear end. And he most certainly did not want to rile the fans up with some inappropriate behaviour on stage, of all places.

Prick

"Ugh."

"This was the last one."

Taehyung's relief was real. The 20-minutes cupping session could finally start. No sooner had the nurse left that the young man dropped his head on the pillow in an attempt to empty his head for a little while, focusing on the vacuuming noise of the nearby electric device.

Except Jeon Jungkook insisted on imprinting an image of himself behind Taehyung's closed eyelids while Hoseok's words would not stop echoing within his overthinking brain.

So you're the one Jungkook's had the hots for all this time!

Such an innocent gaffe that would have been cute and endearing, were it not for the fact that Taehyung had similar feelings for Jungkook. And that made their whole situation that much more perilous.

Taehyung hated that he had become that drama character which chooses duty over love or some equivalent nonsense of the sort. The last thing he wanted was to give up on Jungkook, but the stakes were presently so high, and he had absolutely no leverage to wield in order to tip the scales in his favour.

He was debuting as a very straight artist for fuck's sake! And Jungkook would likely see his performance and oh shit. Taehyung was cringing so hard his chest suddenly felt compressed.

Perhaps if he'd come clean, the malaise would eventually dissipate. Except Taehyung couldn't figure out who he should confess to. Aim high and reveal his identity to Big Hit management so they may consider adjusting their whole marketing approach to take his preferences into account? Risky and most unlikely. Debuting as an openly gay artist could potentially nip his career in the bud. To say nothing of the bad press the label was bound to get for the unconventional move.

Or he could be honest with Jungkook who deserved to know about the reciprocated sentiment. But where would that leave them? Dejected and frustrated by the forbidden nature of this relationship that could not be because of Taehyung's uncompromising contract which would never allow the singer to act on his feelings.

There really was no happy ending in the books for them, was there.

Wattpad fanfic writers write for free. One way you can show your appreciation for their hard work is to vote!

Thank you for reading ~♡