.11. ᴡʜɪᴘᴘᴇᴅᴀsᴀɴᴀ

Agreeable.

Jungkook could be agreeable.

He could be anything that Taehyung wanted him to be really. And apparently, Taehyung needed him to be an agreeable yoga instructor – whatever that meant – and a dog-sitter every other weekend. And Jungkook was fine with that. Or so he tried to convince himself each time he watched Taehyung roll up his mat and bid him farewell with his ever-dazzling beam.

Yep. All worth it.

That, however, didn't curb his recurring urge to become systematically plastered come Friday night. Because everyone knows alcohol is one way to distract one's mind from, well, everything.

Jimin had noticed the incremental dosage increase. Was he concerned? Of course he was. Could he do anything about it? Not really except keep count and drink less himself to make sure the younger got home safely at the end of their nights out.

Tonight was no different. And despite the early hour, Jimin was not happy with Jungkook's booze flow. "This is your fifth beer," he noted. Yes. He'd been keeping track.

"So?"

"All I'm saying is excessive beer consumption leads to unbecoming beer belly."

"You're right. We should switch to hard liquor. I heard someone argue that since it's more potent, you end up drinking less."

"Uh — not quite the point I was getting at. Besides, if it's more potent, the outcome will likely be the same."

"Whiskey? We should try it. I've always wondered what the fuss was all about."

"Next time, Guk."

"It's still early, hyung."

Jungkook was turning whiny. And Jimin was not having it. "You've had five drinks already. And you know what they say about mixing."

"Tomorrow is Saturday which means no classes which means I can be hung over all day if I feel like it."

"Now you just sound like a spoiled brat."

"I'm anything but spoiled. Can't even go after what I want—"

Okay. Drinking in order to get his mind off of Taehyung was obviously not working. However, before Jimin could think of a way to cheer the other up, Jungkook had already ordered two Smokey Cokeys.

"Come on Guk, you're usually so — reasonable."

"Yes. That's what I am. Reasonable. Dependable. Trustworthy. And if I'm being honest, it's rather tiring — to be those things at all times. So please, hyung, let me be a little unreasonable for once."

The request was so genuine Jimin didn't have the heart to deny him.

Deonjyeo beoryeo suit & tie

Jungkook suddenly perked up at the familiar melody. "Don't tell me they finally updated their playlists!"

This was a clear indication of the younger's level of inebriation and Jimin became genuinely worried. "Guk-ah, it's your phone ringing."

"What?"

Sure enough, Taehyung's name lit up his screen. The yoga instructor almost choked on his whiskey and coke, fumbling with his phone and straightening his posture before answering. "Taehyung! What's up?"

"I'm sorry for calling you at this hour. Am I — disrupting something?"

The place was loud and Taehyung could probably pick up some of the distinctive background noises typical of packed bars on a Friday night. Jungkook put a hand over his mouth and speaker in order to muffle some of the sound. "No, not at all. Is everything alright?"

"Actually, I sent you a few messages which you didn't read, so I figured I'd just call and let you know."

Taehyung had texted. And Jungkook had basically ignored him. In what kind of twisted parallel universe was he living right now?! This could not be happening. The yoga instructor swallowed rather loudly before replying. "I'm so sorry I didn't — I haven't checked my phone all evening — is there — some sort of emergency?"

"Oh no. Don't worry. It's just that I can't make it this Sunday. Something came up. So I was hoping we could reschedule."

Jungkook was so relieved he started breathing again. "Reschedule, yes. Of course. Not a problem. When do you want to meet?"

"How about Saturday?"

"Saturday? As in tomorrow?"

"Is that okay with you?"

Jungkook made a point to ignore Jimin who was desperately shaking his head NO. "Tomorrow is fine. The usual time?"

"That'd be perfect. Thank you for agreeing to this last-minute arrangement."

"Of course." Anything for you.

The call ended and the admonition began. "Guk, do yourself a favour and call back right now to cancel."

"I'm not cancelling. Why should I?"

"I guarantee you will be in no shape to hold a revolving flying pigeon pose tomorrow morning. Let alone teach it."

"Don't worry about me. I'll just stick to Halasana. Besides, how can I refuse him anything?"

Jimin couldn't argue with that statement. "What am I going to do with you? You are so hopelessly whipped and you guys aren't even dating."

"No need to remind me."

The younger was about to down his liquor but Jimin, who thankfully still had his wits about him, swiftly removed the glass from his hands. "That's enough booze for tonight. Come, I'll help you grab a cab home."

Jungkook, surprisingly, did not argue. He even remembered to put his seat belt on after having got into the taxi. However, everything after that was a blur. He's not quite sure how he managed to punch in the code to his apartment, take off his shoes and crawl into bed. But when his alarm blared some seven hours later, he was quick to rise, focused on getting ready for his yoga class with Taehyung despite an unforgiving migraine and a creeping nausea threatening to toss his cookies at its earliest convenience.

Jungkook glanced at his watch and reckoned it was already too late to cancel.

Oh well.

Wattpad fanfic writers write for free, but one way you can show your appreciation for their hard work is to vote!

Thank you for reading ~♡