Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Taylor's pov

I tiptoe into Joe's office, usually, when he is not there, I won't enter his room. The room is all dark with only a few rays of sunshine from the gap of the curtains, everything feels normal just like usual. My eyes are met by a huge bouquet of azure blue flowers. Did the girl who was in this room earlier leave it here? Who could that be?

I can't help but plaster on a light smile, hiding the slight sadness flowing inside me. Is he seeing anyone? Well, if he is single, that's even worse because he is just so gorgeous. Okay, stop, Taylor. But if he has a girlfriend, then I'm...jealous? I must admit that these blue flowers look fantastic.

Trying my best to distract myself, I go back to work but no matter how hard I try to erase all the questions swirling in my mind and the breathtaking flowers on his desk inside his office.

I have decided to leave the office earlier than usual since Joe is not here so no one can stop me. I take a glance at the 4 numbers on the corner of her laptop.

15:20

Throughout the day, I cannot get Joe off my mind, just by thinking of him laying in his bed all sick and lonely paints a downturned frown. Poor Joey. I walk to the door of his office, inside the room reveals the flowers I saw earlier, the room is filled with the fragrance of the wondrous flowers.

I should go visit him and bring him these flowers before they die of thirst. I'm sure no one wants to arrive at work and the first thing they see is dried out brown-infused petals. Would he be mad at me for showing up uninvited? Fair point, Taylor. He is cold to everyone and I am fortunate enough to be excluded. Surely, I would never want to join the group 'everyone'. But I want to see him, I miss him. I'll just bring one of my work files and go ask him things that I understand already, Taylor, that's your excuse.

Not wasting any more time, I enter the room and take the flowers.

At Joe's door...

*Knock knock*

After a few knocks on the chic black door, all I receive is silence. I panic and start creating possible scenarios of why he did not answer the door. Is he alright? Before I continue overthinking, I turn the doorknob and surprisingly, the door swings open. Gosh, does he know how dangerous it is to have the door unlocked? He could've been robbed, oh dear. Out of curiosity, I let myself in. 

(A/N: Damn Taylor, you don't 'break into" people's house just because you are curious)

Behind the coal-black door unveils well-decorated walls and stairs, couches sofas looking soft and comfy. Everything inside just looks so normal, modern designs unlike expensive-looking ones with shimmering chandelier diamonds hanging on the ceiling. His house is so organised and spacious, although his house is so attractive, but still no signs of Joe. I placed the flowers on the kitchen-island of his open kitchen.

My hand is about to reach the mobile phone in my bag to contact him,  I hear faint snores coming from upstairs, oh, he is sleeping. Completely out of my mind, I follow the sound which leads me to his bedroom, with the door widely open. Joe, there he is, under a white thick blanket. From what I see, his sleeping position is dangerous and definitely uncomfortable. His toned arm is hanging on the side of the bed as well as his leg, he moves gracefully which makes him in an even more peculiar position. He looks as if he is clinging to the edge of a cliff which supposedly is just the side of his bed. He looks so cute, how his eyelids flutter and not to mention, his golden hair.

How could anyone have such beautiful fluffy-looking hair? What must it be like, to grow up that beautiful with your hair falling into place like dominoes? I just wanna poke it, touch it, ruffle it, play with it- okay stop, Taylor this is embarrassing, he is your boss and you're his employee... what is going on inside your head?