Chapter 17

Chapter 17 (A/N: these notes are back now and I will be reading with you <3) 

Still Monday

Taylor nods with an angelic grin. Elizabeth goes on chit-chatting with Taylor. Taylor shares more photos and they have a laugh at the cute little things their kids both do.

"I have to go to Joseph now-" Elizabeth eventually excuses herself with a face full of joy, she has always liked Taylor since she read her resume profile before hiring her. She loves Taylor's hard-working positive attitude and listening to Taylor sharing her parenting stories.

"It would be nice to meet your beautiful twins one day." She continues as Taylor returns a smile. Taylor likes the fact that Elizabeth and she are getting along, Elizabeth is fun.

"Joee-" Elizabeth pushes the glass heavy door without knocking. Joe looks up and lets out a frustrating exaggerated sigh.

"Mom, what again?!"He rolls his eyes and throws a stern glare in annoyance. He doesn't like how his mom welcomes herself into his office and babies him. He dislikes moments like when she suddenly pulls a feather duster out of nowhere and starts dusting the shelves, his sofa chairs, it is worse when other people walk in during these times. He hates it when she barges in and announces the news of upcoming dates she set him up with her friends' daughters, or even her friends' neighbours' daughters or nieces. But deep in his heart, he knows that his mother loves him and his brothers to the moon and back, these are just her special ways of showing her motherly love.

(A/N: I love Elizabeth.)

"How come you never told me Taylor has kids?" She whispers, avoiding any chance of others overhearing her.

"Well, it's her kids, not mine. And it's her secret so I didn't tell anyone. They are so precious-" Joe defends himself. They sit in silence with Elizabeth constantly raising her brows, trying to get information out of him, but Joe just continues focusing on his files.

Joe and the kids laughing at breakfast, how Henry's chubby fingers wrapped around Joe's pinky finger because he isn't tall enough to reach his hand, how they tease him about his short beard, how they like to rest their small heads on his chest. All these scenes swirl around his mind, bringing a faint enigmatic smile spread wide across his suave face.

"Why are you all smiley? Hm..."She taps his desk to catch his attention, she looks around the room, her eyes move to the blurry blonde figure outside the blurred glass and move back to her flustered son fidgeting with his long fingers.

"Stop! Mother..."He mutters under his breath. He keeps his head hung low with his rosy cheeks, soon enough his face is buried in his hands. Elizabeth smirks, knowing she might get what she wants in a matter of seconds. But nothing happens, Joe purses his lips to keep his mouth shut even though he wants to tell everyone about those two cuties he met the previous day yet he knows it is not his place to share.

"Alright alright, came to check on you and now I'm getting yelled at..."Elizabeth notices his slight anger about to burst out. Disappointed, she lets it go and finally leaves his son alone.

Same day

"Tay, ooh cute polaroids! I'm just going to go out for half an hour- ''Joe walks out of his office with his sleeves pushed up, showing his muscles. He stops by Taylor's cubicle and smiles in front of her awkwardly.

"Do I need to come along?" Taylor looks up from her laptop screen and swallows at the view in front of her, those muscular arms are all she can think of. She smiles brightly like she always does to everyone even though she loves it the most when Joe compliments something about her.