Chapter 18

Chapter 18

(A/N: Long chapter, since you all waited so long...my bad I'm sorry <3)

Wednesday

He was sitting at his kitchen counter with a mug of freshly made cappuccino, intrigued by the content showing on his phone screen. He has been stalking Taylor online, reading every caption of her Instagram posts like the morning paper. Social media apps are strangers to Joe as he barely uses his phone to avoid gossip and rumours from the manipulative media. Therefore, finding her account can be listed as one of his biggest achievements along with the prestigious titles and awards he has received throughout his career.

"Heyyy-" Joe opens the door as soon as he hears the familiar knocks. He throws his arms open and welcomes her with a hug. It would be a total lie to say he can control himself and not sniff her hair. Her hair smells floral, always carrying this unique comforting scent that transports you to a regal field of freesia.

She closes her eyes, enjoying the warmth of his body even though the hug only lasts around three seconds. He pulls away and looks at her mesmerized. She stares at his lips and starts giggling. Shaking her head, her hand dives into her bag and returns with a pack of baby wipes.

"You have coffee foam-...on your face. Did you change shampoo? You smell different...Are you ready to go?" Taylor pulls out a piece of baby wipes and cleans the corner of Joe's lips which is left with coffee foam. She casually asks while blushes madly.

"Don't-don't you have to send the twins to school?" Joe smiles widely as he changes the topic swiftly. He grabs his bags while Taylor waits at the door.

"Yeah, before I came here." She twirls her blonde shiny locks and looks down shyly. The thought of Joe actually caring about her baby twins, constantly asking about them makes her heart flutter with butterfly fairy dust, it's cute.

"Wow, that's...e-early."He says in his tremulous voice. He walks towards her with his head low then slips into his walnut brown leather shoes.

"I'm used to it, it's alright. By the way, Joe, the kids miss you a lot-" Taylor looks up and gazes at Joe in his dark blue suit which makes him look strikingly gorgeous. Her hands are tightened fists, she bites her plump red lips while shrugging even though Joe hasn't even responded to her, all because she wants him to come. She wants him to accept her offer so she can spend more time with him.

"I can come to visit on Friday..." He cuts her off with a nose scrunch, which Taylor finds exceptionally adorable. His arm rests on her shoulder after locking the doors.

"Stay for dinner? I'll cook." Taylor smiles once she feels the extra weight on her shoulder. Her eyes glisten as they meet with his blue crystals under the morning sunlight.

"Oooh, I definitely want to try out your cooking. Okay! I'll come. We can pick them up from school after work together." There is no way that he would deny such a golden offer. He then leads her out of his driveway after zealously nodding his head. He misses the twins terribly, he misses their squeaky laughs whenever he tickles their stomachs, he misses having them in his arms, he loves them like they are biologically his, even though he knows for sure they are not.

"Yay! They will be so excited about it." Taylor beams with joy knowing the kids will be thrilled as they have been asking her for Joe.

For the rest of the day, they laugh and talk about work with smiles. Throughout meetings with different departments of the company, they steal glances just like the old days. Everything is falling back into places, everything just feels right.

Thursday

Back at the office, Taylor knocks on the blurred glass door. Joe looks up and stops doing what he is working on, having all his attention focused on the woman he secretly loves.