Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Previously...

"I think it's time for me to admit to you. I-I..." She fidgets her fingers and pulls her shirt nervously.

No One's pov

"Taylor, I-I know this would be weird telling you. Before you came working here, I've always had the thought of him being mine, dreaming of ways to seduce him one day. He is attractive and has everything in the world-" Tina explains in a gentle monotone, her voice leaves an echo in the small pitch-black mirrored box.

"I figured it out a long time ago...I was right-" Taylor interrupts and whispers with the face of disappointment yet a bit of shimmery of happiness.

"But how? I never told anyone..." Tina's emotionless face drops into a deep frown with knitted eyebrows. She shakes her head vigorously and stutters in disbelief with her arms around her legs in a foetal position.

"Oh really? Remember that day you were in the elevator with one of your friends and you were talking about Joe's new assistant? It was my first day, I was standing at the corner but you two didn't see me. I was a whore trying to seduce him...I knew you hated me since the beginnings..." Taylor mutters confidently as her blue eyes lit up into fireballs in the dark. Her voice trails off as she runs out of breath and lets out an audible sigh. Tina closes her eyes as she comes to realise that her plan failed. She stares into the blank, speechless with hopeless eyes.

"You are the one who's trying to seduce him and yet several mornings in the coffee house nearby, I have seen you flirting with brunette guys, even kissed a few when you're with-" Taylor continues.

"Joe, I know and I can explain-" Tina sighs and completes Taylor's sentence. She looks up and speeds up her words.

"Tina, you're not even into blondes, there's nothing to explain. You cheated on him, do you even know how hurt he would be when he finds out? I was debating whether I should tell him the truth or not for days, but he looks genuinely happy and I don't want to ruin that for him. He thinks you have true feelings for him-" Taylor's voice breaks as she pictures scenes of Tina and Joe holding hands together while his face pasted with a widened smile. A drop of tear glides down her face and she doesn't even bother to wipe it away.

"Well, good that he soon will know that I never did. Taylor, I threw myself at him because I didn't want you to be the future wife living in the luxurious life I've always wanted. He has to be mine, never yours. I am ending this boring six months relationship with him. I'm so sick of tolerating everything. You can have him back, I'm dumping him soon, argh. He's just a random guy who happened to be rich but he's always busy, and he doesn't take time for me and care for me-"Tina says with a few sarcastic laughs as she wrongly defends herself. Taylor clenches her fists as she feels a vortex of furry swirls inside her, she takes a deep breath before firing loud bullet words that could shred the surface.

"HE CARES ABOUT YOU! You are the one who doesn't care. Just because he doesn't get you expensive famous brand gifts mean nothing like he doesn't care about you. He prefers handmade gifts, something simple yet beautiful. He was perfect-" Taylor raises her voice indignantly and snaps. She crosses her hands in front of her chest, Taylor finishes her sentences within one breath. In the last sentence, her voice cracks as more tears flow down her puffy cheeks. Her mind flashes back happy memories of her and Joe in the past eleven months, well, around five months. Her lips are partly open, allowing sobs to escape.

"Was...and that is on you. You changed him. He mocks and scolds me just like you do. Every word he says these days, it stings just by thinking about it." She continues before Tina cuts off her sentence. If it is a rainy day, her face would be the window, covered with water droplets. She harshly emphasises every word at first but her voice goes softer and softer.