Chapter 5

Dream's P.O.V:
     I sat on a window sill looking outside, the Blizzard had been raging for a few hours. Shattered hovered over my shoulder as we watched the snow blow wildly around the gray sky.
     Everyone had eaten breakfast, and was now playing monopoly, while I decided to be alone for a bit. "Are you okay Dream?" I heard Shattered ask me, "I.... I'm fine..." I trailed off, I knew Shattered didn't believe me. "Why don't you go hang out with the others?" He asked, I was about to give him an answer when I heard Blue scream for me to come down and play uno with them, I yelled okay and walked over to them.

[2 Hours later]

Dream's P.O.V:
     We had finished playing games, so I decided to walk around a bit. Blue and Killer were making lunch at the moment.
     I suddenly felt Nightmare's presence nearby, "Hey Dream!" I heard Nightmare call out, "Yes Night?" I asked him, "Are you... Are you okay Dream?" Nightmare replied with a question, this caught me off guard, so I just looked over at him and nodded, "Why were you up so late last night then?" He asked me. I felt a chill go up my spine, I didn't want to say the actual reason, "J-just had trouble falling asleep, that's all!" I quickly ushered, "Then why were you reading, with a cup of coffee?" He asked seriously. I didn't know how to respond to this, "W-well, I just got... I just got caught up in my book!" I managed to get out, it wasn't a total lie at least.
      He looked at me questioningly, as if he could tell that I was lying. I was about to say more when I heard Blue yell that lunch was ready. I yelled out to him that I was coming, and ran off to the dining room. This would be an extremely long day if things kept going like this....