Undesired Hero

My favorite cat boy😳💕

Your POV

"Are you insane? This guy is a certified genius!" Reki wrapped an arm around Langa's neck and brought him closer. Then, one around you, "And she's a crazy fast learner!"

Reki was gloating about the two of you to his manager at Dope sketch. The red-haired boy let the two of you go.

You looked at Langa, whose hair was fluffed up by Reki. You chuckled at the blank expression on his face and patted his hair back down to its original spot.

The door jingled and a small figure came in. It grabbed everyone's attention and the boy came into the shop.

"Miya Chinen!" You smiled and pointed to him. He wore his school sailor uniform and a skateboard strung across his back.

"I want to run a beef against you in S." Miya smirked and walked closer.

Reki mistook his words for him and got bashful, his cheeks turning pink.

"I wasn't talking to you, slime." Miya mocked Reki and walked up to Langa. "I need a challenge, are you in?"

"Don't even think about it." Reki warned Langa, "He's in a totally different class."

Langa thought for a moment and closed his eyes. After a few seconds, he opened them back up and agreed to the offer.

Miya nodded and then turned to you, "And what about you? You a skater?"

You tensed up and quickly nodded. "Yes, but-"

"Alright, then you'll compete in our beef." The cat boy put his hands in his pockets.

"Wait, what?! You'll let her in just like that?" Reki waved his arms around in frustration.

"Why wouldn't I? I don't see many female skaters. And she seems interesting."

You scratched your cheek in embarrassment and slight confusion. You weren't used to the attention, specifically from someone from a Japanese national team.

~Time Skip to tomorrow~

You were now at Crazy Rock, skating with Langa and Reki. It was during the daytime, so the track looked completely different.

"Is this your thing now? Jumping into stupid situations?" Reki asked.

Langa shrugged, "I don't know, it sounded fun..." he stared off into the distance as he trailed off.

"Yeah, you'll see that a lot more out of Langa from here on out." You blurted out.

Reki smiled at your comment while Langa stared at you. "But that's what makes Langa...Langa." You patted Langa's back, "So don't change that for me, kay?"

The blue-haired boy's cheeks dusted pink, and he rubbed his neck. "Uh, yeah. Sure.."

Reki laughed at Langa's reaction and teased him about it. They started bickering back and forth.

You watched them until your attention was brought to Miya. He was skating a few meters behind your group, now in his iconic neon cat outfit. You slowed down and came up beside him.

"Hi." You gave a small wave.

Miya looked back and forth between you and the ground in front of him, "Hi..." His vibe didn't give off a friendly one, but you persisted.

"I like your outfit."

"Of course you do, it's awesome."

"Yeah! You look great in it. Didn't know someone could pull off the colorful cat appeal."