Lilith's Return

Footsteps fled rapidly from the gates. The figure ran through the dark, only the moonlight glimmered on the gold in its embrace. The gold shined across the buildings, cars, and lamp posts it ran by.

The figure neared the entrance, it approached its escape, its freedom. It would get away with its findings – it would get away from this hell.

A bang rang out in the person's ears as their leg ran hot. He looked down quickly and saw a red blotch begin to stain his pants. They tripped on their pained leg, hitting the concrete with their face.

The man looked up and tripped inches away from a silver shoe, clicking as it walked towards him. The person had an elastic suit of red and black with a band of gold around her top. She wore a masquerade mask that covered her eyes and part of her face. On the top of her head, her hair had been sectioned into two parts and twisted into knots, the rest of her hair was braided into cornrows and decorated with different colored beads.

"L-Lady Seth, I-"

The woman above him lifted her foot and showed the barrel of a gun on the back of her shoe. A bullet shot out and through his shoulder, making him fall on his back and scream in pain.

The gold object huddled in his embrace crashed to the floor. He reached out to grab it again, but a foot stepped on his wrist. She had an outfit with the resemblance of a hanfu – a white top with a thin coat over the top that flowed down to her knees. She had a cloth sinched to her hips as a belt and baggy pants that also sinched together at her ankles. Her raven hair was tightly pulled back into a braid with a bun wrapped around the bottom. She had gold accessories scattered in her hair along with gold tips on her thin bangs.

He yelped and stared up to see another woman. "Lady Cain?"

The woman scoffed and pressed down on his wrist, "What a worthless piece of existence, Eve had hopes for you."

"I had him covered, Cain." The one named Seth hissed.

"Then why was he so close to the exit, Seth?" Cain retorted. Seth clicked her tongue in annoyance at her sister's words. "Whatever, let's not keep Mother Eve waiting any longer."

Cain bent over to grab the golden object, but it was snatched away before she could touch it.

A rope wrapped around the gold and yanked to another person. They sat on a ruined building, meters higher than the others. "You two are so funny when you argue over the littlest things!"

"Enos? Why are you here?" Cain questioned the woman.

"I could ask you the same thing." Seth scoffed.

Enos shrugged, "The both of you went so I assumed it was important." She had a high ponytail that held the top portion of her hair, allowing thick platinum blonde curls to cascade down her back. A red band was tied around her hairline and twisted into her hair. She had most of her skin showing with only a purple sports top, ripped jeans shorts, and leg and arm warmers. Thick glittery makeup was plastered on her eyelids and lips.

Enos handed the gold off to a man next to her who gently took it into his hand. He shined the gold in the moonlight, revealing a cup with a wide bowl and a foot with jewels decorated around it. "The holy grail." He began, twirling the cup. "Said to have been used by Jesus himself and can provide eternal youth or sustenance infinite abundance."

He chuckled and tossed the grail in the air, "The hoops you must have traversed through just to even get sight of this – it's impressive." Noam had an outfit similar to a preacher. It had a long front covering the front and back of his legs with the sides exposing his leggings. He wore a flowing cape, a part of the cloth on his shoulders that went to his mid-arm.