DAP Not Needing Words

"Karou! Get up!" Joe ran to aid Cherry, crouching next to him.

Adam stood over the two, staring him down. "You know, I thought this would be more fun, but that race was just awful..."

"You son of a bitch..." Joe growled.

Shadow soon pulled up next to the adult trio, you kicked open the back seat door. "Cherry's health is the biggest priority right now, get in!"

Joe nodded and gently picked his friend up, carrying him into the car.

"Oh (Y/N)!~ How great it is to see-"

You slowly met your gaze with Adam, a death glare on your face. As much as he liked seeing you angry, the face you made genuinely scared him, causing him to immediately shut up.

You shut the back door, "You got serious problems Adam if you think you can act like that after what you did. You disappoint me..." You got into the car and drove to the hospital.

"Back in the hospital check..." You half-heartedly chuckled, trying to cheer yourself up. You, joe, and Langa were prepping flowers for your friends because now both Cherry and Shadow were in the hospital.

"People get hurt kid, it's just how things are in life." Joe put his hands on his hips, extending one out to pat your back.

You crossed your arms and sighed, "You don't think I know that? I watched all of you get hurt right in front of my eyes..."

The adult nodded and took his hands away. He chuckled, "Moody much?"

You scoffed and shook your head. Unfortunately, you were unsuccessful in hiding your smile, "Ugh, whatever. Sorry, dad." You rolled your eyes.

The two guys laughed at your answer, making you smile even more. Suddenly, the elevator door dinged and opened. You all turned yet you couldn't see who it was before it closed again.

"I think I just saw Reki..." Langa's eyes widened and he quickly took off down the staircase.

You smiled and grabbed your bag from the table, throwing it over your shoulder. Joe raised an eyebrow, "You leaving too?"

"Yeah, I'm going home early today, tell Cherry and Shadow I said goodnight." You waved Joe goodbye and went down the stairs. Even from so far away, you could hear Langa's panicked footsteps running in the hospital.

You eventually made it home, but it took longer since you hadn't taken your skateboard. As you entered your home, it was filled with stripes of light from the last bit of sun coming in through the windows. You made no effort to clean anything up, only throwing your bag in a random spot and face-planting into your bed.

"Jeez, I'm tired...That's unusual..." You yawned and stared at the ceiling. You had multiple posters of different shows on the wall, but a big spot in the middle was blank and white, where your sk8 poster had been. It made sense that it disappeared, given it was in this world.

The lids of your eyes felt like weights and keeping them open was a challenge. Your body felt light and warm, and you eventually gave up trying to stay awake. You hadn't slept well, or at all, for such a long time you forgot how great it felt to drift in peace.

"-N)...(Y/N)!"

You immediately opened your eyes and sat up in bed. "I'm up, I'm up!" You cringed at your voice – higher than it normally was.

"Get up! It's your turn with the dishes." A stern voice came from beside the bed, you looked up to see a woman in a uniform. "Now get up before you're too late." She soon left.