King Vs Nobody

Reki stared daringly at the piece of dog food in his hands, "Ready?"

Langa nodded in agreement, a very brave look on his face.

"Uh, why are we doing this again?" You scrolled through your phone, sometimes glancing at the two boys sitting at the counter with you. Instead of doing any part of your actual job, you sat at Dope sketch fooling around.

"Because it's fun! And there's nothing else to do, so..." Reki shrugged and continued his plan, throwing out the small dog treat outward, the store mascot Sketchy, jumped out in front to get it.

When the animal landed, it hit two fingerboards and rolled a few inches forward. The two boys beside you cheered at their accomplishment. Sketchy huffed and pushed the skateboards back and smacked them in the face. Unfortunately, the two boards then smacked your face.

You yelped in pain and dropped your phone on the counter. "AH-What did I do??" Your eyes stung from the foreign object that got too close.

Soon after, Manager Oka came in and got everything working again – besides you, who was still in shock from the skateboard attack. Once you recovered Langa had come back from his small job and joined the group once more. He watched you and Sketchy having a stare-down.

"Um...Are you...okay?"

"I am most certainly not," You told Langa without breaking eye contact from the animal, "I refuse to be beaten by a-a-" A silence came from you. "...A dog-fox-pokemon? I have no clue what the hell that is-"

A louder yell erupted from you when another finger skateboard hit your eyes. Sketchy, insulted by your words, kicked another skateboard at you.

"AGAIN?! I will-"

Fate cursed you once more and didn't let you finish, the jingle behind you signaling a customer entered the store.

"You're that guy from the love hotel." Reki blurted.

"Excuse you?!" Langa and Oka worried.

Reki's face went flush pink and he fumbled around. "NO THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEAN-"

"What's a love hotel?" Langa stared puzzled at Reki.

"Oh, baby Langa," You came behind the counter and patted his back, "When the time comes you will know." You spoke gently, shaking your head.

Tadashi, dressed in his capman outfit handed Reki a black heart-shaped piece of paper. The redhead accepted it and flipped it over to the words. It wrote 'Dear The Third Wheel' in red calligraphy writing.

Reki puzzeled at the words. Even after Langa explaining that someone was getting in the way of a relationship, Reki looked even more confused, "But a board can't work with three wheels..."

You laughed and tried hiding it in your hand, surprised a 17-year-old boy with Reddit humor would not understand the term.

(A/N: I saw a headcannon for Reki that he had Reddit humor and I now believe it's cannon.)

Tadashi eventually spoke up and explained Adam had chosen Reki for a 'short, quick add-on race' as the king of S had put it. His assistant tried warning Reki that he shouldn't, and how dangerous it would be, but the boy refused to take his advice.

"Look, I don't think you know who you're talking to." Reki put his hands on his hips and sighed, "You clearly don't understand. There's only one reason anyone should get involved with skating, 'cuz it's fun!" He gave a quick thumbs up to the other two of his trio, you giving one back.

The man sighed in frustration, "Great, that again. It'll make sense when you grow up, everything can't be fun, it's not how life works."

"That's because Reki hasn't grown up yet." You finally checked your phone that was dropped on the counter. "You have to admit, Reki acts like a kid, so it's pretty obvious he's not going to get it."