Five- Shelter

Marco carried Ophelia all the way to his home. He lived in a small villa near the creek. When Marco went inside the house, His Wife was totally baffled at the sight of what her eyes were making her see. Her Husband was carrying a young lady, totally unknown to her.

Marco told her how he found Ophelia and how Ophelia would help them fulfill their wish; their long for a daughter. Christine was really happy when she got to know that Ophelia was going to be living with her. However, she wasn't sure how their son Vitaly was going to react at the sight of a new family member. Marco told her that with a son they also have a daughter now and he also told her that this was good. Christine just nodded her head and went to Ophelia. 

Ophelia was sleeping in a comfortable little bed, in Vitaly's room. Christine went to her and placed her cold hand on her forehead which made her downturned eyes open. She delivered a soft scream because she did not have the energy to scream loudly. She quickly woke up in bed and looked at Christine. She was really scared. 

"Look. Dear, don't be scared. I am your friend. My name is Christine. This is our house and you are safe. Don't be scared, I won't do harm. Tell me more about yourself and where you came from. Where are your parents and how did you end up in a bakery." Christine quickly spoke.

Ophelia looked at the room. The accessories in the room were small but big enough to fit in. It was filled with different kinds of art, photos, and bedding. On the wall was a blue polka dot outlined photo frame with photos of a boy (Vitaly), Christine, and a bearded man(Marco). The room contained toys, belongings, and Different Indoor games. There was a blue closet and a football net packed up in a box, half unseen. 

"Ahem"

"My name's Ophelia. I belong to a noble family. My mother married a man called Ethan after my father's death so that he could help her in business and take care of me as a dad. But Ethan killed my mom because he only married her for wealth and power. My mother had most of the properties mentioned on my name so she had hidden those properties somewhere so that they stay safe. Ethan began to torcher me to utter where my mother had hidden those papers but I didn't know where they were and.."

"And?"

"I still don't know where they are. After a month or two, Ethan married a lady called Amanda and called her to live with us in my late dad's Mansion. Amanda and Ethan started to force me to splutter out where the property papers were because they wanted more power. and then.."

"Then?"

" I ran away from home"

"What!?"

"Then, I got kidnapped by three criminals and got very hopeless as they lock me in a dark room and made me starve. They demanded Ethan for 5ooo Euros in change for me but Ethan was really clever. He somehow investigated with a private detective and tracked those three criminals. Turned out that those 3 criminals were the ones who had escaped from jail previously. He called the police and came to the shed where I was. He reached just in time and got the three men arrested. Somehow I escaped from that shed with my stuff. Soon it started raining. I saw a bakery and I went inside for shelter. I was so tired I slept as soon as I entered the bakery. I don't know how I ended up here"

"Oh, child!" Christine cried hugging Ophelia. " You can stay here till you find a place to leave"

" Oh my god," Ophelia said hugging Christine Back, but Christine broke away. "Thanks" was all she said. She wished to say more, but she knew she would embarrass her.