Eight- The Job

"What where can she be?" Marco questioned Christine. When Christine didn't reply, he looked around and a letter lying on the table.

 When Christine didn't reply, he looked around and a letter lying on the table

he was astonished at the sight of a brown envelope, sealed with a red post. He opened it and read it aloud. The letter said:

Dear Papa and Mama,

I know you don't want me to leave. I also didn't want to leave as I had nowhere also to go. But, I had to. Vitaly made me realize that I am living with you guys without any relation. Vitaly's right and he was always right. I should have left you anyway, as we are not blood. I accepted you as my dad without hesitation but it seemed that Vitaly was disturbed by my presence. Maybe, you were not giving him much time as you were giving me the time you used to give him. That's what made him uncomfortable. I understood that I am just a piece of junk that you decided to take pity on. Thank you so much for keeping me for one week. I am now and will always be grateful for this favor of yours.

Thanking you, Ophelia.

"Vitaly!" Marco shouted rushing towards him, raising his hand as if having the intention to slap him.

"What happened Marco, relax!" Christine consulted holding Marco's hand firm. "Read this," Marco said shoving the letter in Christine's warm hands.  Christine read the letter in silence. She sobbed quietly. Vitaly was perplexed at the sight of what was happening in the house. After Christine read the letter, She went to her room and slammed the door shut.   

Vitaly, totally confused, at the sight of his parents' emotions, quickly hobbled up to the letter and read it. A grin spread on his face. She was finally gone.

On the other hand, Ophelia was sitting at a bus stop and thinking.
I have no one in this world and I'm alone. I'm sixteen and I'm alone. Here no one cares what happens to me. I have no one to care, no one to lose. I have nowhere to go. How will I survive? How will I eat and educate myself? How will I keep going? How will I stand up? I need to do something for no one will do it for me. Where will I sleep today? Let's see, even if I don't know, I need to figure out a way to feed myself. Ophelia thought as she watched the frosty crystals grow for an interval, allowing her inner soul to be empty of what she had gone through. She knew that there was no one to help her and she knew that no one would be coming to find her here. She knew that she had to do something for herself.

Marco had set out to find her but he was not able to succeed as it was really dark and nothing could be seen except snow. Ice grew over the windows. 

The next day, She woke up to find herself still at the bus station, Shivering. She had caught cold and of course, this was to happen. She rose from the floor and washed her face from a filter nearby. She tied her hair roughly and said Enough is Enough. Now it's time for me to do something. And she knew perfectly what she needed to do. She needed to do a job.

This was obvious that she could not get an office job. She did not have a degree or a good qualification. Ophelia remembered that when she was little, she had been given a gold necklace by her mother. And her mother had said, I will be so proud of you agar you become a doctor and serve humanity. Agar. If. But Ophelia was sad that she was not able to complete that dream of her mother. She died.

She was searching for a job that earned her food and shelter. She decided to work as a maid in a wealthy man's house. A personal maid. She was determined that she would confront the owner to let her live in one portion of the house on the condition that she would also work on Sundays. She also decided on her salary herself. She resoluted to demand 100 Euros. She knew that it was a lot, But she knew that being a maid was not easy. 

She walked a few miles until she came to an area with huge bungalows. She went around and asked if anyone needed a maid. Luckily, a man called Oswald needed a maid to take care of his house when he was not present(was on in his office). He hired Ophelia and agreed on 100 Euros as her monthly pay. Ophelia was really happy. He showed her the portion in which she was allowed to live in. It was a large area and had one bedroom, a kitchen full of groceries, a little lounge area, and a bathroom. She also had her own little door to go out. She felt particularly safe but still, she was alone and in an unknown man's house.

Like!

Comment!

Add!

Follow!