Six- Territory

"The girl had a tough childhood.  She told me her name. We can call her Ophelia." Christine told Marco. It was evening time. They were sipping tea in Christine's fancy china cup. Her voice had pity in it. Marco just looked at her with wide eyes.

"Ophelia is a lovely name, What do you mean by tough childhood? She's a pretty little fairy. Fairies are loved by everyone." He said to Christine.

"Oh that's a long story, dear, I'll tell you later," Christine said, brushing the subject away. She hated discussing sensitive topics. Marco sighed and nodded.

The door slammed shut. A boy around seventeen entered. He had handsome brown curly hair and a strong jawline like Marco.  "Hey, Mom I'm home, " the boy shouted, greeting his mother. He then rushed to his room planning to play Fortnight on his computer.  As he entered the room, Vitaly met a surprise. A girl one or two years younger than her, was sleeping on his bed. He went angrily to his mom and started inquiring about who the girl was.

"Honey, she is your new sister. Makeup with her. Play with her. Make her feel comfortable," Christine said to Vitaly, hoping the boy would understand.

"What do you mean by new sister !? When I enter my room, I see a girl lying on my bed. Confused, I come to you and ask who she is, and you reply that she is my new sister?! Wow. What kind of sister? I never had a sister and will never want to have one. I want you and dad all to myself. You should have only one name on your lips. Vitaly. that's it. Only Vitaly"

"But, Vitaly!"

The stubborn Boy walked away with his face red. Like every mother should be by this attitude, Christine was worried now. 

"Hey, new girl!" he shouted. "Wake up, this is my territory. You are right now in my room. Did you not see the sign of 'keeping out' hanging on the door? It's for people like you, who enter the room without my permission. Do you not hear me? Get up!" He shouted.

Ophelia rubbed her eyes. "Sorry," she said emerging from the bed and going out of the room.

As soon as she stepped out of the room, Christine threw up a question "Ophelia why are you here? Dear, you shouldn't you be resting?"

"No it's ok, I am fine now."
"Something's up? Did Vitaly misbehave?"
"No, but you see, no one shares their private space of course"
"Vitaly!" she called "Share your room with Ophelia!"
"What!" Vitaly said "I am not gonna share my room with this poor girl. Who is she anyway? A nobody," He screamed
"Stubborn boy," Christine softly said.

Christine understood what had happened. She knew how to make Vitaly come on the right path.

There was a guest room inside the house. It was huge. Bigger than Vitaly's room. Christine decided to set that room up for Ophelia.

Now Ophelia had her own Territory. She had her cosy little wooden bed, which Marco had made himself. She had a study table, cupboards, and new stuffed toys, which Christine had bought for her. Ophelia also set her own accessories which he had in her bag. The wallpaper was pink and she had her own little window to peek out of. She added her own signboard on the door of 'keep out' and she was very happy.

On the other hand, Vitaly was not very happy.