5 - quidditch

Rowan's POV

THE next week seems to fly by. Thankfully, Ron's snide comments have become fewer and farther between until finally they cease to exist. Instead, they seem to have been replaced by him focusing his attention on Hermione. Specifically, carrying her books for her whenever Fred is around carrying mine.

Both Harry and I find it to be a weird sudden change in behaviour but neither of us bother to question it. It's most likely the cost of a bet that Ron most likely placed and lost. That kind of thing is always happening between him and Hermione.

But now it's a beautiful Saturday at the end of March, meaning there's a Quidditch match between Gryffindor and Hufflepuff. 

Instead of my typical Quidditch match attire of Gryffindor colours, I'm sporting Fred's Quidditch sweatshirt with Weasley written along the back and 05 written above it, his jersey number. Then I have the same number written on each of my cheeks and my hair is arranged in two braids. 

"You look cute." Fred whispers in my ear as he hugs me, his strong arms wrapping around my waist, holding me close. I can't stop the blush that works its way into my cheeks. Geez, what is wrong with me? We've only been fake dating for a week and his charm is already having an effect on me. Maybe Harry was right, I do need to be careful. Because if I start to fall for Fred Weasley, that will be treading into dangerous territory.

*****

THE match is in full swing. Ron was stopping majority of the shots from going through the hoops. The chasers were scoring tons of goals, constantly passing the Quaffle between them. Harry was resting in the air above all the other players searching for the Snitch. Finally, the twins work together to beat the Bludgers away from the Gryffindor team and towards the Hufflepuffs. 

Every once in awhile Fred will fly around the pitch, hovering right next to my spot to send me a wink and then beat a Bludger away from flying into the crowd. And even though the girls surrounding me in the stands know the wink is directed at me, most of them can't help but swoon. I myself can't deny that Fred looks hot. Hotter than usual, that is, as his muscles flex while he beats the Bludgers away, sweat running down his face.

I push the intruding thoughts out of my mind and turn to Ginny. "Why didn't you tryout for the Quidditch team this year?" I ask curiously. 

She shrugs. "They didn't need any new players other than Keeper and I'm not interested in that. Besides, Angelina has enough on her plate as captain dealing with three Weasleys. She doesn't need to worry about a fourth."

I chuckle. She has a point though, the Weasley twins are a handful themselves, and there are still five other Weasley siblings. It's a wonder Molly is still sane after raising all of them, and still willing to have Hermione, Harry and I constantly at her house. 

"I guess you're right. Fred and George are quite the handful." 

"Definitely and now you'll be dealing with Fred a lot more. I would feel bad for you but you guys seem really happy. I mean, I always had this feeling you two would end up together."

I give her a weird look. Where did she ever get the idea that it would be Fred and I who end up together? 

"Don't give me that weird and confused look!" She laughs. "I live with him, remember? Whenever I walked past his and George's room last summer I could hear them whispering about a Gryffindor girl. I could never hear the name and always thought it must have been Angelina or Alicia, maybe even Katie. But now that you two are dating, it makes sense."

Weird. "Interesting." I comment, not sure what else to say as I turn my focus back towards the game, letting my mind wander. I mean, surely I wasn't the Gryffindor girl they were whispering about, I mean, Fred and I are in a fake relationship not a real one. But of course, I can't tell Ginny that. Maybe it was another girl they were talking about. Possibly, Angelina, Katie, Alicia or maybe even someone else that I don't know. 

There's always the possibility that Fred lied about his reasoning behind wanting to help me. Maybe it's not only to get other girls to stop chasing after him but to also catch another girl's attention. He attended the Yule Ball with Angelina last year, so it could be her. 

It would make sense considering he briefly yet visibly tensed when I mentioned how pathetic it is to use someone else in a fake relationship to make someone else jealous. It was partially a joke at my own expense, but maybe it affected him because he's doing this whole fake relationship for the same reason as me.

I guess the only way to figure this out is to talk to him. I'll talk to him later, when we go to that party I'm supposed to be accompanying him to. Then, I'll figure out his true intentions.