bonus chapter [10k]

A/N: First of all, before you read this chapter, I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone who has read this story (and my others). It literally means the world to me to have people enjoying my writing (even if it's just a fanfic). It's been a dream of mine for years to be a published author one day, and your support and compliments on this book has shown me that that could be possible. 

I never thought that this tiny book, that I would work on in my spare time when I wasn't doing university work would garner this much attention in such a short time. 10k reads! That's absolutely insane. So as a thank you, I thought I would write a short bonus chapter about Fred and y/n after the war (just a little cute something for you to enjoy)

*****

Rowan's POV

IT'S my birthday today. Eighteen years old. Today also coincides with what would be the first day of summer vacation for any typical year. But not this time. We've pretty much been on 'break' since the beginning of May, after the Battle of Hogwarts ended. 

Of course, it hasn't really been much of a break, since we've all been spending everyday and some nights at Hogwarts, helping with the clean up. But as of yesterday, the construction is finished, so now we have two months of freedom, until we go back in September. 

This past year was supposed to be my last at Hogwarts, but considering I spent it not attending school and instead went on the run with Harry, Hermione and Ron to hunt horcruxes, we've decided to return and finish out our seventh year. 

Mostly everyone else is redoing this past year, whether they were at the school or on the run. Those who were at the school in the past year didn't get much of an actual education anyways. 

It'll be nice to be back at school, and this time without darkness and evil looming around every corner. Voldemort has been defeated and all the Death Eaters have been rounded up and placed in cells at Azkaban. Well, those who made it out of the battle. Quite a few were defeated during the fighting, including Valeria Dobre. That one I will gladly take all the credit for. All it took was a simple petrifying spell and then a blast of a stunning spell. She shattered into pieces. 

It was my own sort of revenge after what she did to Fred and I during my fifth year. But we came out stronger after that. It was hard doing the whole long-distance thing during my sixth year. He was working in Diagon Alley, running his own business while I was trying my best to focus on my studies, despite the impending darkness taking over at Hogwarts. 

And then Dumbledore was murdered and Harry took it upon himself to continue the hunt for horcruxes. Naturally, Ron, Hermione and I tagged along. That also put a strain on our relationship since Fred and I couldn't even keep in contact. We were wanted by the ministry and soon he was in hiding as well. 

But that all doesn't matter anymore, as I look around at my friends and family. We're all gathered in the backyard at The Burrow, everyone chatting amongst friends. Every Order member is here, as well as a bunch of friends from school. It's like a start of summer party, a celebration for the completion of rebuilding, and a birthday party all rolled into one. 

Of course, Fred is at my side, his arm wrapped around my waist, as he holds me close to him. We're standing around, enjoying each other's company in a comfortable silence when his deep voice breaks through the noise of everyone in the backyard. 

"Hey, everyone! Can I have your attention?" He calls, and everyone automatically turns towards his commanding voice. "Thank you." He says once everyone falls silent. 

"As many of you know, I've been dating this amazing woman, Rowan, for the past two years. And it has not come without its difficulties and challenges with everything that's gone on these past years. Nothing was ever for certain, but one thing is. My love for her." He says, directing his words to the crowd. 

My heart starts beating in my chest. Why is he confessing his love for me in front of everyone?

Now he turns towards me. Despite everyone else watching us with their undivided attention, he looks at me as if I'm the only one in the world. 

"Rowan, I have loved you since I was seventeen years old. It's been three years since then, two of which that I've been able to call you mine. And I know that we didn't get to spend all of those two years together because of certain circumstances but with every moment together and apart, I've only loved you more. When we were apart, this past year, it felt like I didn't know how to breathe. Like I was constantly holding my breath, not knowing if you were safe and alive. And that thought of not knowing killed me because I love you more than life itself. I love you more than I ever thought possible."

In one quick moment, he's pulling a box out of his pocket and getting down on one knee. My breath hitches in my throat. I'm speechless. 

"That's why, I need to you ask..." He trails off, popping open the box to reveal a sparkling diamond encrusted ring. "Rowan Gold, will you marry me?"

My eyes are watering and it doesn't take long for the tears to fall. "Yes! Of course I'll marry you." I smile. 

A look of relief crosses his face as he stands, pulling the ring out of the box and slipping it on my finger. When he's done, I immediately throw my arms around his neck, hugging him tight. 

Everyone is cheering and chattering now. 

"I know we're young but nothing is ever certain." He smiles down at me. "Except for this." He continues, gesturing between the two of us. "My love for you is certain. Our love is certain. And I know that I want to spend forever with you, starting now."

My grin is the widest it's ever been. "I want to spend forever with you too." 

*****

A/N: Ahhh! I hope you liked this short little bonus chapter. I might write more bonus chapters in the future for other milestones when/if we hit them. But until then, thank you again for all your support. I love you all.