12 - day after

Rowan's POV

"YOU totally had sex last night!" Ginny cries out as she makes her way over to me in the kitchen. I stop midsip of coffee to stare at her.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I shrug, lifting the mug to my lips to take a sip in an attempt to hide my smirk. 

"Liar." She accuses, giving me a pointed look. "You have that morning after glow." She smirks. 

Hermione sidles over to us. "I agree with Ginny, you and Fred totally did it!" She says excitedly. 

I put my hands up in mock surrender. "Fine, you caught me." I grin. 

They both audibly gasp, but Hermione is the first to speak up. "How was it? Was he big?" 

I actually laugh out loud at her questioning. "I won't kiss and tell." I tell her with a shrug but give her a knowing and mischievous smirk. 

"I'm out! I do not need to hear about my brother in that way." Ginny says, quickly backing out of the kitchen. 

Just as Ginny leaves, Fred enters the room, his hair still damp from the shower he took as he comes up behind me and wraps his arms around my waist. His chin rests on my shoulder as he kisses my cheek, cold droplets of water landing on my exposed skin. 

"Talking about me, darling?" He whispers, and I feel the shape of his smirk against my neck. 

"Maybe." I tease. 

"Rowan, can I talk to you alone for a second?" Harry asks, walking into the kitchen. I feel the happiness drain from Fred's body as he tenses around me. 

"Yeah sure." I agree before turning around in Fred's arms so I can look him in the eyes, "It's okay." I assure him before pulling away and heading into the backyard with Harry. 

He takes a seat on the back step and I do the same. "What's up?"

He turns to me with an apologetic expression on his face. "I'm sorry about last night. I was being stupid and selfish and I wasn't thinking about your relationship with Fred. I shouldn't have kissed you, so I just wanted to apologize if I made you uncomfortable. And I also wanted to see if we're good."

"Of course, we're good. You're my best friend Harry. We can just move on and pretend that it didn't happen. How's your nose?"

He reaches up to touch it as if to make sure it's still there. "It's alright. George is pretty good with the episky spell. I reckon I deserved the broken nose though." He laughs lightly. 

"Sorry about that." I apologize. "Fred can be..."

"Protective?" Harry fills in. 

"Yeah." I nod with a chuckle. 

"It's all good. I would probably be pretty protective of you too if you were mine." He says before getting up and heading back into the house.

Mine. That word rings through my head repeatedly. Last night Fred called me his, and I told him I was his, because I am. My heart, body, mind and soul are all enraptured by Fred Weasley. Happiness flutters inside me for a brief moment until I'm reminded that our relationship isn't real. Or it wasn't. I'm not so sure what is anymore. Not after last night.

*****

"WHAT did Harry want to talk about?" Fred asks, later that day. Most of the day has been spent doing chores that involve cleaning the entirety of the house, in preparation for everyone arriving for Easter dinner tomorrow. Then Hermione was grilling me with studying questions for every subject we're taking. It's only now in the mid-afternoon of Saturday that we're finally getting some time alone together. 

"He just wanted to apologize for kissing me last night and to make sure everything was still good between us." I shrug. 

Fred nods, stroking his hand up and down my arm as I snuggle closer to his chest, both of us curled up on his bed. 

"What are we?" I blurt out before I can stop myself. 

"What do you mean?" He smirks, his eyes dancing with mischief as he looks down into my face.

I sigh. "I mean that we started this thing off as a fake relationship. But last night...that was definitely not something a fake relationship entails."

"No, it definitely wasn't." He grins.

I take a deep breath. "I'm going to be completely serious for a second and I want you to be too, no matter how hard that may be." I start, giving him a pointed stare. "Last night meant something to me. It was amazing, wonderful and hot. But putting those things aside, the real reason it meant so much is because I have feelings for you that extend further than the fake kind we show when other people are around."

He blinks at me silently a few times, making me nervous. "Say something." I urge.

He chuckles. "I'm trying to think of the right thing to say. Something romantic because I feel the same way as you. I have feelings for you too, Rowan."

The tension built up in my muscles fizzles out of me at his words and I bring my lips up to meet his, kissing him deeply. The kiss is different than the one we shared last night. Last night it was hurried and frantic, urged along by the built up desire for one another. This time it's deep and passionate, slow and sweet, almost teasing as our mouths find the perfect rhythm. But the one thing they both share is that they set my skin on fire.