22 - just the beginning

Rowan's POV

"I can't believe it took the seven of us nearly getting murdered by Death Eaters who broke into the ministry for Fudge to actually believe you-know-who is back." I say, slumping down in my seat in our train compartment. 

Harry snorts. "He probably wouldn't have believed our story if it wasn't for the fact that he actually say Voldemort possessing me in the lobby." 

"Well, at least we know that the Ministry will be taking things seriously from now on." Hermione quips. 

Ron nods. "I'm just thankful that none of us actually died."

It's true. We're all lucky to have escaped with our lives. Even the Order members who came to save us (including Harry's godfather Sirius Black), all made it out alive. The worst injury was the cut on my neck which I'm told will only result in a barely visible scar thanks to magical healing. 

"Everything's going to change now." Fred sighs, wrapping his arm around me and pulling me closer to him. "It's going to be weird not going to Hogwarts anymore, working in Diagon Alley while you lot still have to go to school."

"Way to rub it in." I laugh. But Fred knows I'm happy for him and George and the business they have lined up to start this summer. Weasley's Wizard Wheezes. It was a great idea before but even better now. Merlin knows, people will need a good laugh for the dark times that lay ahead.

"I've been thinking about something Dumbledore says to me." Harry says, breaking the silence.

"What's that?" Ginny asks.

"That even though we've got a fight ahead of us, we've got one thing that Voldemort doesn't have."

George chuckles. "Yeah, a nose."

Hermione jabs him in the ribs with her elbow, before turning her attention back to Harry. "What Harry?" She prompts. 

"Something worth fighting for." He smiles. 

We all smile back because it's true. We all have love, friendship and family. Those are the things that push us to do the right thing, the things worth fighting for. That's something Voldemort doesn't have.

"Cheers to that." Fred says, raising his bottle of butterbeer that he snagged from the kitchens before we left for the train. 

"Cheers." We all say in unison, raising our own bottles.

~ THE END ~