Chapter 1

"Hey!" Gunnar yelled out as he was thrown onto the hard floor.

"Shut up!" A man yelled back at him. Suddenly something hit Gunnars head hard, and jerked him to the floor. He felt something grab his head a tear the hood off. Gunnar was in a dark room, his shirt torn and blood running down the side of his face. He looked around and saw a man walk out of the room and slam the door shut. A small window across the room let in little light as the cold breeze of the night air pushed its way in. As his senses came too, the smell that lingered in the room fell heavy with the smell of blood. He didn't feel alone. Looking over at the wall, he saw a dark lump outstretched on the wall, it was held up with rope and the smell of blood came from its direction.

"Christmas? Barney? Doc?" Bunnar said in a low voice. "Is that you?" He strained his eyes and tried to see the person. The darkness didn't help his sight at all. Trying to get up, and held the wall as he made his way over to the person. The closer he got, the more he realized that it wasn't anyone he knew. The person was small and lean.

Gunnar took another step, not seeing where he was going, and tripped. As he reached out to catch himself, His hand caught on something soft and plump. He followed his arm up to his hand and saw that he was touching the chest of the other person.

"A girl?" Gunnar said in a low voice. "Shit!" He moved his hand back down to his side and looked up at the girls face. though he couldn't see a whole lot, he could tell that there was blood and dark bruises. "Hey." He said, touching her face. "You're out cold." He said, acting like she could hear him. He saw something shining and looked down at the girl's chest once more. He saw dogtags. "Military?" He said with a chuckle. "You're too young." He grabbed the tags and looked at them. With what little light he had, he saw that they were indeed tags.

The girl was dressed in a dark tanktop, and dark cargo pants. Her boots were lined with bloody mud.

"Let's get ya down from there, shall we?" He reached up and untied the ropes. Her body fell to the ground, but Gunnar caught her before she fell too far. Picking her up he walked back over to the wall and sat down with the girl in his arms. "It's too cold." He said. He brushed his fingers along her stomach and felt the indent of a wound and some kind of wire holding it closed. She let out a whimper and squirmed a little. Through the darkness, Gunnar saw the dark liquid covering his fingers. It felt like a stab wound to him. "What the hell did ya do?" He said in a low voice.

As the morning hours began to show up through the window of the cell, Gunnar looked down at the girl. He could finally see what she looked like. Her face was cut up, stained with blood, and bruised, but to him she looked good. If it hadn't been for the cuts and things, her face would look smooth, and calm. She had a square face and light colored skin. She was somewhat short and skinny, but anyone could tell she had muscle. Throughout the night, the cold nipped at Gunnar and the girl, but he held her close to keep them warm. the sun brought in the light needed to see where he was. He noticed just how young the girl really was, she was maybe 18 or 19. Her wrists were red from the ropes cutting into her flesh. Her hair was a dark red, and her lips a bright pink.

He had thought about putting the girl on the other side of the room or at least out of his lap, but it wasn't everyday that he could hold a pretty girl this close. She had moved sometime in the night and was curled up on his lap. Her hands shook a little, and her eyelids twitched. Gunnar brushed some stray hair away from her face and smiled a little. She really was beautiful.

Gunnar reached down and lifted up the the dog tags to see what they said. Her name was Rose Savig. He looked back at Rose's face and shook his head. "You're too young to be in the military." He said in a low voice.