Chapter 6

"So how have you been?" Barney asked the young girl after she had to chance to get up and move around little. Within moments of his question, he realized that that wasn't the right question to ask. Rose cocked an eyebrow at him.

"Uh... Well... Not so good till now." She said a little confused. The new stitches that Caesar had given her were working fine and had stopped the bleeding.

As Rose sat in her chair, eyes were locked on the floor. Something deep within her dark green eyes seemed to make Barney a little uncomfortable.

"What?" He asked. Rose didn't answer. She only looked down at the floor and then closed her eyes. When she looked up, it seemed as though she was on the verge of tears.

"They said everyone was dead..." Her voice was quiet and shaking. "When you never came back... I thought-" Rose stopped when she saw the look in Barney's eyes.

"Your father was one who said to stay away." He replied. "He didn't want you to get hurt."

"I see.." Rose smiled a little and looked up at everyone else. Even though they looked confused they still seemed a little worried about Rose. Her skin was still pale, and the amount of blood that she had lost was frightening in itself.

"Um...What's this about?" Lee asked.

Barney looked up and leaned back in his chair.

"Before I recruited all of you, Rose's father was apart of my old team. That's how I know her." Pointed nodded his head in her direction. "She was only 9, when a mission that we had been on went bad. Her Father and a few others had been killed. That's when the rest of the team left and I hired you guys." Barney looked up at Rose and gave a little chuckle. "I never thought I'd meet you here."

Rose giggled and leaned back in her chair. "Well... It's a small world we live in." After a few minutes of silence Rose managed to stand up. She walked over to the small window in the side of the Church. "So when are we leaving? Have you guys already set of the signal?"

"Signal?" Caesar asked.

"Yeah. The signal in the main branch house of the town. When it's set off, the military should get the signal and send a chopper or plane this way." Rose replied still looking out of the window.

"They didn't tell us that." Lee said looking over at her confused as to why she was still looking out of the window. With a quick move, Rose ducked to the side of the window and looked down at the floor. A few feet in front of her was what looked like a sniper rifle. Grabbing it she made sure it was loaded before cocking it.

"What are you doing?" Barney stood up.

"We have company." Rose said peering out the window again. Barney approached the window to her left and looked out to where she was staring. On the other side of the street on the rooftop was a dark shadow. Other shadows moved along the street in hurried movements. With only the light of the moon, Barney could see the long clothing and clothes over the heads of the men who moved through the street.

"Get ready." He ordered and the others grabbed a gun and stood on the ready.