21.

"Oh wow I published two chapters in one week, look at me I'm such a god person!" No Linnéa, you're a dumbass who doesn't understand the concept of continuity!

Guys I so sorry! I've had the worst writing slump ever and I feel awful, can you ever forgive this poor little stressed and confused swede? And I feel even worse because we've had so many new readers and this book must seem so dead! I'm sorry sorry sorry sorry!

Please don't hate me and I hope this chapter can bring some form of joy...

Love, Linnéa

21.

"That ain't possible, it-it's some form of illusion... humans don't work that way..."

It had been a couple of days since Blue returned and after much prompting from various gang members, *cough cough* Sean, she'd finally agreed to show some of the things she'd learnt during her stay at the circus. Currently walking around on her hands with her legs folded over her shoulders she tried to convince Sean that it was, in fact, possible

"I'm tellin' ya! It ain't possible!" he declared once again. Slowly she let her legs lose, still on her hands, and settled down in a split on the log they used as a bench.

"She's literally doing it you dumbass!" Karen was just as amused by Blue's acrobatics but the thing that gave them all the most enjoyment was the look of confusion on the Irishman's face.

"If I had my performance saddle I could show you some neat tricks on horseback, that's what I know best, I can still do some things with a normal one though, maybe when we have some more room I'll show you." The topic of her doing more dangerous tricks like that had been a hot topic between her and the older members who thought it reckless, which was funny coming from an actual gang of outlaws...

"Speaking of The Beast" this is the name Ares had come to be known by "tried to kill me last night he did."

"Oh don't be dramatic Sean." Karen said, rolling her eyes.

"I'm not! I was taking a piss an' he damn near pushed me down the cliff!" with 'cliff' he meant the small drop down to one of the creeks surrounding their little camp "sneaked up on me like some fucking assassin!"

"Well then maybe don't urinate in the water they drink out of you moron..." Blue countered.

"This ain't about that, it's personal! He's after me I'm telling ya!"

"He's after all of us men Sean. Probably pushed you cause he saw what you were holdin' and realized you're one too." Arthur said.

"Ah shut up Morgan!"

"Which one?"

"Both of ye!"

"Come on kid, let's go for a ride." Arthur put his hand on Blues shoulder, motioning for her to follow him.

***

The ride had been pleasant, the sun filtered through green summer leaves, the breeze making their shadows dance. Not much had been said but Blue didn't mind, just being in her father's company was enough and she knew that when he needed to he would tell her why they were there.

They stopped at the top of a small hill that looked out over and endless sea of luscious grass, dotted with burning red poppies. Dismounting Blue unsaddled Ares and let him graze the lands, knowing he would come back when he was needed. Junior followed him happily, seeing how close he could get without the horse trying to kick him.

"I got sumethin' for you" Arthur sat down, back leaning against a fallen log, in his hand was a small rectangular package "it's a little overdue but better late than never I guess..." smiling at her father Blue sat down next to him, shoulder to shoulder and took it from him.