10.

10.

Blue didn't sleep all that much that night, trying to figure out a way to hide the ever-increasing stuffiness in her nose and the itch in her throat from Arthur and Miss Grimshaw. She knew she'd get in trouble with the older woman because she hadn't listened and now exactly what Miss Grimshaw had told her would happen was happening...

Eventually, though, she did fall asleep and didn't wake up until the sun started shining through her tent. Arthur was there, hand on her forehead, frowning down at her. Whatever discomfort she'd been feeling the night before was five times worse now. The itch in her throat had turned into pain and there was no way to breathe through her nose anymore. Her eyes felt warm and watered slightly as she looked up at the man sitting on her bed.

"Fever" he mumbled, taking his and away, causing her to pout since it had been nice and cool against her skin.

"I'm sorry..." Blue didn't know exactly wat she was apologizing for but thought maybe it was the best thing to do, just in case.

"Hm... I don't know if it's something to apologize for but I accept it," he gave her a reassuring smile and continued "I'm gonna go get Miss Grimshaw, she'll know what to do" he stood up to leave but Blue grabbed ahold of his hand giving him a pleading look

"No! she'll get mad at me!.." there really wasn't one person in the world she'd least like to see right now, even Micha with his mean comments would have been better. Who knew what Miss Grimshaw would say and do to her when she found out? It wasn't that Blue didn't like the woman, she really truly did like her, but she also scared her and Miss Grimshaw could get very angry when people didn't listen to her, which Blue obviously hadn't done by staying out in the rain...

"Ah come on Blue you're gonna have to face her eventually, she'll find out one way or another and she can help you." Arthur sat down again, swiping her hair away from her sweaty forehead and tucking her arms back under the blanket.

"Please... can't you ask Hosea? Or Charles? Pleeeease?" she felt whiny but didn't care, everything was awful, she was aching all over and she didn't want to face the wrath of Miss Grimshaw just yet.

Arthur sighed but gave her a shorth nod as he left her alone.

She threw her blankets off of her since she felt like she would melt under its heat. Feeling a slight panic building from the lack of air she could get through her nose and the pain when she breathed though her mouth, she stood up, remembering her mother telling her that her nose would clear up if she walked around. So even though her legs were tired and aching she paced back and forth in her tent until Arthur came back.

"What are you doing out of bed?" he didn't sound happy about finding her walking around.

"I can't breathe" she looked up at him, the stinging in her warm eyes causing a tear to roll down her cheek. Arthur probably though she was crying and so quickly softened his voice, she didn't bother to tell him otherwise,

"Is your nose that stuffed?" she nodded "Charles'll be here in a minute, he just needed to get some stuff" he said and motioned for her to get back to bed "I want you to get back under your blankest until then, you'll have to breath though your mouth." She did as she was told and climbed onto her cot but didn't want her blankets.

Arthur tried to place them over her but she kicked them off immediately "too warm" she mumbled when he tried it again.

***

Arthur didn't know what to do... weren't you supposed to keep someone warm when they had a fever? He'd tried over and over to get Blue under her blankets but she wouldn't have it so he gave up. Charles still hadn't arrived and Arthur was starting to wonder what took so long. Sighing he rubbed his face feeling somewhat useless as he glanced at her watery eyes and rosy cheeks.