24.

For the first time in ages I felt like writing, I'm sorry to keep you waiting! Also I apologize for any errors, I'm just too tired to go through it but I don't want to keep you waiting any longer.

Rant at the end of the chapter, read if you like, but honestly you might want to skip it.

____

"Ouch! That hurts!"

"Good!"

"Ouch!! Miss Grimshaw! You're killing me!"

"Nothing different from what you try to achieve every day young lady! Riding around with the men, stealing things!"

"Well it pay- okay okay okay, that's enough! I'm still supposed to breath!"

"Rich women don't! now stand straight, stop slouching!"

Arthur Morgan chuckled quietly to himself as he stood waiting outside the door to Blue's hotel room. For the past fifteen minutes the two women inside had been arguing loudly, none of them willing to stand down.

It was an important day for the gang, Dutch had managed to get himself and Blue into a fancy party, under the disguise of a wealthy bank owner and his young daughter. Dutch had no problem dressing up but Blue was more than annoyed at the prospect of being squeezed into a frilly dress. Most of all she was angry about the corset, arguing that she didn't need one, Miss Grimshaw, however, told her that it would be too obvious if she didn't wear one. In the end Dutch had agreed with the older woman and Blue had no choice but to do what she was told. Her loss didn't keep her from complaining though.

The minutes ticked by and Arthur was staring to wonder how long they would take. Just when he was about to knock on the green door, it opened up and the two women pushed by him, both fuming with ager. None of them even looked at him, too busy ignoring one another. He hurried after them through the hallways and down the rickety stairs.

Outside was the fancy looking wagon Bill and Sean had stolen last month, with a fine pair of brown mares at the front. Dutch was already inside waiting for Blue. Arthur went to help his daughter inside, gently telling her how beautiful she looked in the powdery blue dress, but was promptly ignored, causing him to wonder if HE had done something wrong, if he had, he couldn't remember what it was.

Dusting of some dirt from his black suit, Arthur climbed up behind the horses and got them moving, they had a long ride ahead of them, not wanting anyone at the party to see the shabby hotel they came from.

***

"What a delightful daughter you have Mr. Smith, such a beauty, and so well mannered!" the ruddy woman next to Blue gushed out, not for the first time, nor, she suspected, the last.

"She got it from her mother, though I assure you, she has a mischievous side too, stays up reading all night long and rides her horse much too fast!" Dutch winked at the lady, and everyone in the little group laughs politely. Blue's cheeks were aflame in embarrassment from all the attention.

"Oh she's young, we've all been there, once she finds herself a nice respectable young man she'll settle down fine, just you wait and see." Blue tried to not look too disgusted at the thought of marrying one of the young men at the gathering, enough of them had stared at her and kissed her hand for her to hate them all equally.

"That reminds me" the woman continued "have you met my son? Henry, Henry dear come over here." She waved down a tall skinny boy as he was making his way to the other side of the room with his friends. To Blue's horror they all decided to come over, crowding around them seeking out her attention. She pushed a little closer to Dutch's side and awkwardly smiled at the four newcomers, looking at them through her lashes.