14.

Soo it's been a while huh? Life's been shit and I haven't been writing. But there has been a lot of new readers these past few days so I finally decided to sit down and write you a chapter tonight. It ain't all that good but it's something and I hope you like it. I can't believe so many people are reding this story! And thank you for all of the votes and you won't believe how much your comments mean to me, even if it's just the silliest little thing!

Well anyways I hope you're all okay in these unusual times and if you're not and need someone to talk to I'm always here!

//Linnéa

14.

Darkness settled heavily over camp that night and Arthur had to walk carefully up the stairs of the old house. He was carrying Blue's cot, not wanting her to sleep outside on her own. He could hear her slowly walking behind him, her small feet tiredly dragging behind her. He cursed himself for not getting her to bed earlier but as the day had dragged on she'd reassured him over and over that she didn't want to, that she wasn't tired. It was complete bullshit, he'd caught her dozing off more than once and her eyes were puffy with the lack of sleep, but he hadn't had the heart to force her to bed.

Clumsily he maneuvered her cot into his room, setting it down against the wall where the foot of his bed was nestled into the corner. He had a feeling she'd want him close at hand, and admittedly it would put his own mind at ease too.

"This good enough?" he asked, watching her carefully as she walked past him and curled up on the cot hugging her blankets rather than getting under them.

"I'm gonna take that as a yes then..." he chuckled. Crouching down he covered her with what little fabric she wasn't hugging and pulled a mass of blond curls out of her face. With a gentle kiss on her temple he said his goodnight and turned to his own uncomfortable bed.

Too tired to change, he just took of his boots, hat and belt before falling heavily onto the lumpy mattress. Thoughts were spinning around and around in his head, keeping sleep at a safe distance.

Hours must have passed before he found himself relaxing and his eyelids becoming heavier and heavier. Just when sleep was about to grab ahold of him he heard movement in the room he'd now turned his back on. The bed dipped slightly and warmth pressed against his spine.

"Blue?" sluggishly he turned around, careful to not crush her.

"I'm scared" she muttered. Now that he was facing her way she curled up close to his chest.

"Of what?" it bothered Arthur that he could think of so many things that she could be scared of, so many things that she should be scared of living the life that she did.

"That someone is going to take me..." her voice was so small, she was so small... He noticed the slight shaking of her body and hoped it was because of the cold.

"Oh" was all he could say, he wished he had something more comforting to say but found himself incapable of forming the words. All he could think do was to tuck her head under his chin and securely wrap his arms around her, hoping to provide her with whatever warmth and comfort she needed at that moment.

Arthur was pleased to find her asleep within a few minutes and when he was confident that she was as safe as possible he let himself relax and slept deeply until late in the morning when there was a knock on the door.

***

Blue wasn't sure what had woken her, all she knew was that she was warm and comfortable and didn't want to go up. She felt Arthur stir next to her, his arms loosening slightly around her as he too woke.