S i x

It's been three months since I've met Zero. Zero Kiryu. My vampire friend. Weird how it doesn't bother me. He's been asking questions like that lately. For example, 'shouldn't you leave a vampire alone?' Or 'I'm a vampire. I can hurt you, so get away' . "[Name]!"

Well I don't know, should I ask why or. . .? It's kind of irritating me. . . .

"[NAME]!" I jumped at the voice and looked around.

"WHAT?! Vampires?!" I took out my katana and aimed it in front of me. Someone slapped me behind my head. "O-owww!" I groaned and looked to the right. "Zero, why'd you do that?"

"You're acting reckless. Put your weapon away you almost killed Headmaster Cross," he sternly stated. I put away my katana and apologetically bowed in front of Mr. Cross.

"I'm so sorry!"

"E-ehh. Raise your head up, [Name]. No worries!" Mr. Cross smiled.

"So, what's the problem, Mr. Cross?" I questioned, rocking back and forth.

"Rumor has it that there's a level E vampire wandering through town," Headmaster Cross says with a serious expression. "I want to assign you guys to extinguish this vampire."

"I'll go only," Zero said and looked at me. "[Name] will only slow me down." I pout at him.

"But, this'll be my second time! I've got a good experience!" I said, tugging Zero's black blazer. He shook off my hands and shook his head.

"No. No means no. Yes means no. Everything means no," Zero claimed. My jaw dropped.

"Food means no?!"

"Yea, you can suffer all you want."

"H-hey, that's not nice!"

"I can smell the love in the air!" Headmaster Cross inhaled deeply. My yes widened. That was creepy. He pushed up his glasses and smiled. "I suggest you guys to take down the vampire now. At night would be a bit more difficult." I looked out the window and for sure the sun was barely on the horizon.

"IT'S ALMOST NIGHT! Let's hurry, Zero!!!" I grabbed Zero's arm and ran.

"Slow down!" He shouted behind me. Obviously, I paid no mind to his pleas.

When we arrived in the middle of the town, where minimum people were walking. "Not many people. . . ," I mumbled.

"Let's walk through the alley," Zero suggested. Isn't that even more dangerous?! I decided to follow him anyways. I stayed closely behind Zero.

"AHHHH! Get away from me! SOMEONE HELP!" A woman screamed. Zero didn't bother hesitating and began running.

"Z-Zero!" I called, trying to catch up with him. He was too far away. He turned to the right and I tried taking bigger steps.

I gasped for air when Zero finally stopped, his Bloody Rose in hand. "[Name], be quiet," he whispered.

". . . ."

I looked around and realized we were close to where a little part of the town was abandoned. It was dark and eerie. Scary.

My ears perked up hearing rustling. I looked at Zero and it seemed like he heard it, too. Then, there was footsteps as if someone was running quickly, and the rustle of clothing. "Stay close, [Name]," Zero murmured, grabbing my arm. My face heated up from the little contact. Ugh! This isn't the time!

I squeaked, feeling a pull on my leg. Zero automatically envelopes me in a one arm hug and looked around, Bloody Rose in the other hand. Zero looked at me and mouthed something I could not comprehend. I raised a quizzical brow. Seeing something fuzzy behind him, my eyes widened. "Zero!" I immediately pushed Zero to the side and I cried out in pain, my eyes shutting close.

"[Name]!" Zero shouted. I opened my eyes and I trembled in fear. This. . .is how level E vampires look? I looked at my arm and for sure there was a long scratch, blood oozing out of the wound. "MOVE!" Zero shouted, staring at me, fear in his eyes. I couldn't move, goddammit! I was frozen in place. The vampire licked its lips and its bright crimson orbs shined in the dark. It's disgusting hands gripped my neck and began to strangle me.

"A-. . Aagh!" I groaned, gritting my teeth.

"[NAME]!" Zero shouted, and then a cry of pain escaped his lips. Did he hurt himself?

"Z--ahhg---Ze. . .ro!" The vampire flared its fangs and a creepy smile plastered its lips. I-I'm not losing to this piece of crap! I tried kicking the vampire, but it made its grip tighten even more.

Zero was shouting for me. If he's shouting can't he save me?! I scratched at its hands, but I was weaker. Just as I was about to give up. . .I was dropped to the floor. My hands made their way to my neck and I coughed from the lack of air. I searched for Zero and my eyes widened. Zero was on top of the vampire and was biting its neck, blood trickling down his milky white jaw.

"Z-Zero!" I called. Zero raised up and he glanced at me in the corner of his eyes. His eyes. . .they're bright red! The vampire turned to dust and Zero fully turned his attention to me, licking his the blood from his lips. I stood up and backed away.

He stood up and walked towards me. "Z-Zero, you're there, right?" I shakingly asked. He tilted his head and a sadistic grin formed on his lips. My heart beated faster and my body shook. This isn't Zero! "Zero! WAKE UP!" I shouted, backing away as he took a few more steps forward.

Suddenly, he sprinted towards me and next thing I knew it, I'm on the floor, straddled by Zero. His red, ruby orbs bore into my frightened [e/c] orbs. "ZERO, SNAP OUT OF IT!" I shouted, tears stinging my eyes. Zero licked his lips and he neared my neck. "ZERO!" I screamed, wriggling my body. I could feel his moist tongue slide on my neck. "Zero, this isn't you! Stop!" Tears began falling down in fear. He suddenly stopped.

"[Name]. . .?" He breathed, raising his body, and meeting my eyes. His lilac eyes were back. Zero is back. My tears streamed down even more and before I knew it, I was embracing Zero.

"Zero, you're back! I thought I would've lost you!" I cried, hugging his head. I could feel Zero tremble in my arms.

"Did I hurt you. . .?" Zero's voice cracked. "[Name]!" He began crying. My eyes widened slightly. "I can't believe I hurt some I care about so much again!" I stroked his hair and could feel his sorrow.

"It's fine, Zero. I'm fine," I cooed. Zero wrapped his muscular arms around me. It felt like he was touching something so fragile. "You can squeeze me if you want, y'know?" I jokingly said.

He stayed quiet and leaned his head on my shoulder. I realized the position we were in. He was basically on my lap, his legs either side of my hips. It felt like I was holding a baby, a bug baby at that.

"You know, normal people would run away, witnessing that a friend of theirs tried attacking them?" Zero quietly said.

"I guess I'm not normal then," I replied with a small laugh.

"Yea. . . ."

". . . ."

"[Name]?"

"Whaddup?"

". . .Stay away from me." I tightened my arms around him.

"Why?"

". . .Because one day I'll really hurt you. I don't want that to happen. . .you're too stupid to die," Zero said, softly.

"But, I don't want to stay away from you." Oh no! My true feelings are spilling out. "Zero, I love you. I'm in love with you!" I confessed.

What have I done?

Author's Note: Sorry if it was short. :3 I hope you enjoyed it! It only took me three hours! HAHAHA! YAS! Okay bye.