T h r e e

-Next Morning-

"Headmaster!" I shouted opening the door. Headmaster jumped with wide eyes. "Oh, sorry. Did I scare you?" He nodded unusually quiet. "So, I came here to ask something." I walked to his desk and played with my fingers.

"Awh. Just call me Mr. Cross. Soon enough you can call me by my first name when you're dating Zero-kun!" I sweat dropped and continued.

". . .Was there a previous girl in my place?" I asked, skeptical. He went quiet and looked at me with a serious gaze.

". . .Actually there was. Her name is Yuki Cross, my foster daughter." My eyes softened. The way he gently said her name. She must be pretty special if he can talk about her with such a gentle expression. "Don't tell Zero I told you this, but Zero was in love with Yuki. He was different with her. He'd actually smile around her. Yuki had left with someone else a few months ago so you could pretty much tell he misses her a lot." I giggled at the thought of that tsundere smiling.

"Mr. Cross?" He turned to me with a 'hm?'. "I promise one day Zero will be able to smile and laugh, okay?" I grinned widely at Mr. Cross's surprised expression.

"You really are a reflection of Yuki. . . ." He said. I pouted a bit annoyed.

"I am not Yuki! I'm [Name] [Surname]!" I shouted. Mr. Cross laughed a little.

"You could make Zero smile one day. No, scratch that, you can make him happy everyday," Mr. Cross gently smiled. I shyly smiled.

"Headmaster, have--!" Zero barged in and looked at me, shocked.

I awkwardly waved at him. "Hello!"

"I was looking for you, idiot! You're late to class!" Zero coldly said. I sighed and walked out with Zero before saying goodbye to Mr. Cross. An awkward silence filled the air as soon as we walked back to class.

"Zero, would you like to come with me to town tomorrow?" I asked, hands behind my back. He glance at me in the corner of his eyes and opened his mouth.

"No." What a blunt answer. Well if he isn't gonna come with me. . . .

"Then, am I allowed to ask one of the night class students? Do you think one will want to go with me?!" I questioned with excitement. He stopped walking and glared at you.

"Are you stupid? They're evil," he sneered. I shrugged.

"They may be evil on the outside, Zero, but maybe inside their heart, they're really kind and caring," I softly explained. Then, I realized what I was saying and blushed. "Sorry for spouting stupid things." I muttered, flustered. I looked to the side to avoid looking at him.

". . . ." He didn't say anything. I felt relieved when I saw the huge door that lead to class or I think? It's my second day in class. I opened the door with a happy grin, and everyone gazed at me.

"Wassup fellow nakama's!" I shouted until something hit my head. "ITAI!" Everyone in class laughed making me embarrassed. I turned around to glare at Zero who smirked. Well, that looked like a smile. . .kind of?

I rushed to my seat beside a girl who I sat next to yesterday. She had long brown hair with dark sapphire orbs and pink lips. She looked at me and snickered. I smiled and waved a little. "So, you do know Christmas is in 12 days?" She asked me out of the blue. I raised an eyebrow.

"Christmas? I've never celebrated that before. . . ." I mumbled, bewildered. She laughed.

"What a lame-o! Doesn't even know what Christmas is! Pathetic!" She shouted in my face. I frowned and stood up, grabbing people's attention in the classroom.