E i g h t

I groan and roll over on my bed. My hand wandered and I felt no sign of Zero. My eyes opened and I sat up quickly. Zero wasn't beside me. Oh no, where has he gone off to? I quickly change and run out of the dorm.

I run to his dorm and open the door, but no one is there. I realize it's empty. I check his drawers. No clothes. No. He left?! I feel my heart panicking and I sprint out of the dorms and run to the exit/entrance of Cross Academy. I look around the area and then run straight to town. He's nowhere to be found. . . . Tears begin to pool in my eyes when I know I can't find him. He. . .he did say something last night. . . .

"Just for tonight. It'll. . .be the last time I. . .see you."

This is what he meant. I clench my hands into fast and turn around, back to Cross Academy. Mr. Cross must know where he is! I know he does! I barge in Mr. Cross' office, panting heavily. He looks at me as if he's been expecting me. "Are you here to look for Zero?" He questions.

"Yes! Tell me where he is, Mr. Cross!" I pound my fists on his desk and it breaks in two. I glare into his eyes and he sighs.

"He told me not to tell you."

"Tell me."

"I can't. It's dangerous."

"I don't care."

"But, Zero does and so do I."

"Tell. Me," I growl.

". . .I'm sorry, [Name]. I've made a promise with Zero," he says with a sigh. "He doesn't want you to get hurt and I don't either." I clench my fists and groan and frustration.

"Why did I have to meet Zero?! Goddammit!" I shout and slide to the floor, tears of frustration welling in my eyes. I look at Mr. Cross and sigh, wiping my eyes. "I'll look for him myself then. I'll find him," I murmur and stand up, heading towards the door. "I'll bring him back, I promise."

"You can't." My feet stop walking.

"Yes. . .I can. I can find him."

"You don't know his location."

"I have a hunch of where he is. . . ," I whisper.

"And where is that?"

". . .He's. . .going to meet Yuki isn't he?" I question, jaw clenching.

"What. . .?"

"He's going to see Yuki and. . .he'll bring her back, right?" I turn around to face Mr. Cross and see him looking at me with a surprised expression. "Because I know Zero would eventually go to her. . .I've known it from the moment we talked about her."

"Very well. . . ."

"Yes, and I will go get him back."

"But, you know he's a vampire right?" he asks. I nod and clench my jaw.

". . .Yea. . .I know," I answer, his red eyes flashing in my mind. "Do you know where. . .the Kuran's household is?"

"It's pretty far. Do you really plan on going this far for Zero?" Without hesitation I respond.

"Definitely."

"Why go so far Zero in the first place? Shouldn't you be afraid of him?"

". . .He--," I start and then pause remembering his face. His pained look, his sad face, everything about his face literally showed pain. "I haven't seen him smile for real yet. I promised to make him smile remember?"

". . .Very well. . .I'm glad," Mr. Cross chuckles and pushes his glasses up. "It's been awhile since someone, besides me, has been concerned for Zero. I'm glad he met you. The Kuran household is up the mountains, it'll take pretty long if you travel by foot, so I recommend a carriage."

". . .I'm glad I met him, too, and thank you," I respond with a small smile. I firmly grip my katana that is sheathed beside my hip. "I'll be back with Zero, Mr. Cross. . .I promise." I remember the dream I had of the man that told me to help Zero. This. . .this is what that person meant. I turn my back and walk out of the room, determination burning in my eyes. I'm coming Zero, I'm bringing you back home.

"Zero?! What are you doing here?" Aido whispers. Zero stares at Aido and looks behind him.

"Where is. . .Yuuki?"

"Yuuki is in the dining room right now, having dinner with Master Kaname. What are you doing here?"

"None of your business. I need to talk to Yuuki."

"You can't come in, Zero. You're not allowed to meet Yuuki," Aido says with a serious expression. Zero clenches his fists and pushes Aido aside, sprinting to the dining room. He shoves open the door and see Yuuki eating dinner and staring at him with wide eyes.

"Z-Zero?!" Kaname calmly eats and looks up at Zero with a stoic expression.

"Kiryu, Zero. . . ."

"Yuuki!" Zero calls. Yuuki automatically stands up and shakes her head at Zero.

"Don't come, Zero!" Zero looks at Kaname who is sitting there calmly eating food. He's eating meat. . .but he's a pure blood vampire. . . . Zero narrows his eyes at Kaname.

"Let Yuuki go."

"Let her go? Why?"

"Zero, stop!" Yuuki shouts.

"I'm bringing Yuuki back home. . .Kaname," Zero growls.

"You think I forced Yuuki? She came with her own decision," Kaname explains.

"I'm taking her back no matter what. . .no matter what." Kaname chuckles.

"Don't tell me you're still in love with Yuuki?" Zero clenches his jaw and glares at him. "I take that as a yes."

". . . ."

". . .What about [Name] [Surname]?" Kaname brings up, making Zero's eyes widen. "Don't you love her, too?" Yuuki seems to be confused.

"[Name]. . .?" she mutters.

"Don't bring her into this," Zero hisses.

"Why won't you love her back, Zero?" Kaname questions. "Are you that hung up on Yuuki that you can't return her feelings, Zero?"

"You don't know anything!" Zero shouts.

"I know everything, Zero."

"Kaname, stop!" Yuuki shouts, slapping him in the process. "Don't say that to Zero!"

"Zero?! Are you here?! Get out of my way, blondie!" A familiar voice shouts. Zero turns around when he hears the door opening in a rush and [Name] appears, out of breath. How did she get here so fast? Was she that worried? Her eyes fixate on Zero and she frowns. "Zero!" Tears begin to form in her eyes and she runs up to him, jumping on him. Zero grunts when their bodies collide.

"This is the famous [Name] that Hanabusa has told me about. . . ," Kaname speaks up. Yuuki stares at the two and smiles slightly. [Name] looks at Kaname and clutches onto Zero.

"Is he your enemy, Zero?"

". . .In a way."

"What if I killed you two?" Zero growls and his eyes flash red.

"I dare you to touch [Name]."

Kaname cackles and grabs Yuuki's hand, kissing it gently. "Let's play a game, Zero, [Name]."

Author's Note: APPLAUSE MY ASS. I'VE UPDATED FOR MY BELOVED ZERO. I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT I DID, BUT OH WHALE. ENJOY FELLOW READERS.