S e v e n

It's been three days. Three days since I accidentally confessed my feelings for Zero. Ugh, why am I such an idiot. I thought back to what happened that day.

"But, I don't want to stay away from you." Oh no! My true feelings are spilling out. "Zero, I love you. I'm in love with you!" I confessed.

". . . !" Zero didn't say anything. He stayed quiet. All of a sudden, he jerked away from me and stood up.

"I-I. . .!" I stuttered, tears blurring my vision.

"Get rid of them. . . ," he coldly stated, turning his back to me.

". . .What?"

"Those feelings. Get rid of them. . .and stay away from me." I stared at him in disbelief. "I don't deserve your love. . .I don't deserve a girl like you. You deserve someone better. So, please. . .stay away from me," he painfully whispered.

"Z-Zero, stop saying such nonsense!" I shouted.

He turned around, anger in his lilac orbs. "Stop! You'll get too attached to me and you'll get hurt! I almost hurt you! Just. . .Just! . . .leave me alone." He turned around and disappeared in the alleyway.

". . . ." I sat there, fists clenched. Zero. . . .

"[Name]. . .?" I looked up with tired eyes.

"Uh, yes, Mr. Cross?" I yawned and rubbed my eyes. Right. I'm in Mr. Cross's office.

". . .Have you been sleeping well?" He questioned with concern.

"Of course! Why do you say that?" I say, my head nodding off a little. To be honest, I wasn't getting much sleep. Part of it is going patrol at night. . .and because of Zero.

"I'll take you off of patrol for a few days." I jumped and shook my head.

"Oh no! I'm fine, I swear!" I frantically wave my hands. He stared at me with worried eyes.

"No excuses. You're off of patrol for three days," he claimed, pushing up his glasses.

"But. . .what about Zero?" I quietly said, fiddling with my skirt.

"He'll be fine. Obviously, he can take care of himself." All of a sudden, Zero's crimson orbs flashed in my mind. I bit my bottom lip and bowed.

"I shall leave. Thank you, Mr. Cross," I swivled around and opened the door only to meet lilac orbs. I opened my mouth, but then no words came out. He immediately walks past me, leaving me standing out the hall. "Zero. . . ."

My chest tightened painfully. Ugh, him giving me the cold shoulder was definitely killing me! I need to talk to Zero!!! I looked out the window that stood in front of me. The sun stood above the horizon. A small sigh escaped my lips. Maybe I should get some rest. I've been lacking in my classes. I walked to my dorm room and jumped on my bed. My face was stuffed in my pillow as I groaned.

My eyes began to get heavy and soon enough I was out like a light.

Where. . .where am I? I could only see a bright white light. Nothing. Just white. All of a sudden the scenery changed to long tall grass. The sky was clear and beautiful.

I looked up to see a tall silhouette. Who is that? I walked closer, but it seemed to get farther than before. I squinted my eyes and my body froze. Silver hair? Is. . . is that Zero?!

"Zero?!" I called out, running towards the figure. The figure began to go further every step I took. "Zero, stop! Wait!" I stopped and Zero began to twist his body around. Right when he turned around, leaves swirled around him, covering his face. "Z-Zero?!"

"Please. . .save Zero. He needs help. . . He needs you. Please save Zero!"

"ZERO!" I sat up, panting and frantically looked around. I realized that it was a dream, but at the same time, a bad feeling lingered in my gut. I quickly changed into my uniform and ran out my room. I need to see if Zero is okay!

I ran towards the Night dorms, trying to find the silver haired man. The bad feeling in my gut increased even more. Was that dream trying to tell me something? I looked at places where Zero would always be. The tree, the hallways, etcetera. I huffed and placed my hands on my knees. No where to be found!

But, there was one more place. . . . I looked up at the moon and bit my lip. That place it is. I jogged to the direction of the location, easily finding it inside the woods. The barn where Lily is. . . . I slowly walked up to the door and opened it, the door making a creaking noise. It was dark inside and cold.

I opened my mouth then closed it. I shouldn't say anything. I'm not that stupid. My left hand searched for the light switch in the darkness. Ugh. Scary! When I felt something that felt like a switch, I flipped it up and the light turned on. "Zero!" I said in surprise. Zero was laying on the floor, his back to the floor, a pain expression on his face. I ran up to him and laid his head down on my lap. I softly slapped his pale cheeks. "Zero, wake up!"

His eyes opened slightly and his lips parted. "[Na. . .me]?"

"What happened?!" I began to panic. He stared at me with lidded eyes.

"Noth. . .ing," he whispered. I stared at him with a concerned expression.

"Should I get Mr. Cross?" I asked. He shook his head.

"No, I'm. . .fine. Just. . .hungry," he replied with a raspy voice.

"You. . .you need blood, right?" I blurted, surprising myself. Zero looked at me and hesitantly nodded his head. "Do you. . .want to--?" I stuttered.

"No."

"But, I didn't finish my sentence."

"I don't want to drink your blood. Don't suggest that ever again," he sternly said.

"But, you need help!"

"I'm fine," he gets back up, slightly wavering. I stand up and put his arms around my shoulders, supporting his body.

"Let's go to my dorm," I say, walking forward.

"W. . .we can't. I'm too heavy." I continue walking forward anyways. "Stop already."

"No."

"I can do whatever I want. You don't need to worry about me," Zero coldly says. A sharp sting stabs my heart. Can't you see Zero? You know I'm in love with you. . . .

". . .I can do whatever I want, too," I reply, literally dragging the tall silver haired man.

"You should take my words seriously y'know?" Zero whispers. I look at him in confusion.

"Huh. . .?"

"Don't get so attached to me. . .you'll just end up getting hurt." I bite my lip and my mind goes crazy. How could he say that?

Finally, we get to my dorm and I lay him down on my bed.

". . . ."

". . .I'll get a cold towel," I suggest, turning around.

Somewhat I'm pulled down onto the bed with Zero. ". . .Stay here with me, please?" Blood rushes to my cheeks as I realize what is happening. I thought Zero said not to be attached to him?

"Zero. . . ."

"Just for tonight. It'll. . .be the last time I. . .see you."

Huh? . . .What does he mean? 'It'll be the last time I see you?' what does that mean? I shrug it off thinking it meant nothing, but it still bothers me. I look up to see Zero's sleeping face.

He looks so handsome. . . .

I look at his neck and realize. . .that he's wearing the scarf I got him for Christmas. This scarf. . .I hope it protects you, Zero.

I closed my eyes. I love you so much, Zero. I wish you can just open up to me a little more. Sweet dreams.

Author's Note: . . . . . . . . No comment. But, this story is near it's end. Yep.