Chap 7

Connor's mate on the side--------->

~Connor~

"This will be your room, we have set your friend up in the next room." Eli one of the pack members of the Infiltration Unit informed me. We had landed an hour ago and in that time Tamitha had went through protocol for the I-Division program. And we met her partner who was kind of a hard ass.

-Hour Earlier-

The moment we landed I knew from that face of the man outside waiting in the snow, this was going to be a living nightmare. The guy stood with his hands behind his back like he was some kind of soldier. He wore a white t-shirt, black cargo pants, a leather jacket and combat boots. He stood about 6'1, had short brown hair brushed back neatly and very blue eyes. I glanced down beside him to find that there was a wolf by his side who sat as still as a statue. As Constance, Tamitha, my mate and I got off the plane the man's first words gave way to how out future here was going to be.

"My name is Cyrus but you will refer to me as sir.  I am not your friend so don't approach me as such; ever. Whatever you did to get on mine and Tamitha's service, I don't care but from now on you follow our rules."

Oh god it's like boot camp.

"You are my pack now and you are under the Infiltration Units pack roof which means you are under my roof. You are to report to me as you would an Alpha starting today as Tamitha is your Luna, got it?"

I was at a loss of words so I nodded while Constance and my mate just stood there.

"That required an answer!" he demanded. I jumped at the power in his voice. I was so out of my depth here. I was just an ordinary wolf surrounded by powerful Elder's.

"Y-yes sir" I stammered.

Cyrus hmphed with a smirk as he glared at Constance, who was being her normal stubborn self. 

"We'll fix that face of yours Miss Sky, count on it." he told her. Constance sneered,

"There is no failure in this program. You are not allowed to fail and if you do fail your only excuse is death!" he continued. "To be in the I Division you have to go through training first, the training is hard. So for the next six months you all are going to be in my personal hell, enjoy." The wolf next to him huffed out what sounded like a laugh.

Then Tamitha stepped forwards next her partner so she could look at us. Her short red hair was flying all over the place as the icy winds picked up.

"You're on your way to becoming a member of the Infiltration  Division and for the next six months as Cyrus has pointed out, you're going to be our maggots" Tamitha giggled.

********

"My friend?" I asked curiously as I threw my things on the bed.

"Yes, the young woman you arrived with." Eli replied.

That caught my full attention as I turned to look at him.

"What about my mate?" I stepped towards him.

"Excuse me?" his frown deepened.

"My mate! The guy that came with us." where was he? How could I not notice he was gone?!

Eli was quiet for a second before his face brightened up in understanding

"Oh, yeah him I don't know where he's at. Last I seen him he was with Cyrus and Tammy."

"What?!" 

I pushed him out of the way and ran down the stairs hoping that he was safe. Once I was in the foyer I lifted my head taking in a big whiff of anything that reminded me of my mate. When a fresh sweet earthy scent surrounded me I whirled around and took off in the direction of what looked like a basement door.