Chap 14

The pain ripped throughout his body in three minute intervals. His screams carried the weight of how horrendous this moment was for him. He was sure the whole floor he was on could hear him but no one came. He didn't know what was happening. His thin little body lay on a cold stone floor as he withered and thrashed around. He was scared, he couldn't remember the last time he was terrified like this. His body pushed him to strain hard till his left shoulder blade dislocated and shifted, grading against his already cracked ribs.

His eyes rolled back in his head at the excruciating agony running though is body. His mouth was open but nothing was coming out now, his voice had completely gone. He watched as his fingers and hands shrunk and moved closer together under his skin. His arms shortened and pulled in closer to his body, his back legs bending at the knees and his heels lengthened so he was on his tip toes.

"What's happening to me?" It came out as a growl at the pain in his mouth. He could feel as his teeth morphed, shortening in the front and back but the front canines grew on top and bottom.

Then the hair came, blooming over his whole body, his head cracking as it changed; his mouth grew outward till he could see it turning into the muzzle of a dog! 

He was forced on his hands and knees as the transformation was brought to completion. All the braking and repositioning of his bones settling down.

He lay on his side now, panting through the receding pain of what he went though only to have the door burst open and a group of men rush his tired and weak form and take him away as he whimper for mercy. 

*************************************************************************************

~Connor~

I couldn't stop thinking about Teagan. When he dropped me the other day I watched him in horror as he screamed. He was trying to get away from me and then suddenly his whole body was engulfed in flames. It surrounded him like a shield as he ran out and there was nothing I could do but watch him leave.

I was sitting in the living room staring at the TV but not unable to focus on it. Subconsciously I reached out and touched the mark he left on my shoulder, my fingers running over the raised skin. My body was still reeling from his amazing treatment to it before whatever that was in the end.

I wanted to go see him but Cyrus refused to have anyone go near him right now. And that was why I sat here pouting and dejected.

Did I make him lose it like that?

Constance came in then with Asher behind her.

"Why are you following me around like a little lost puppy?" she asked annoyed as she threw herself on the couch.

"Because I know that it irritates you and that brings me so much pleasure." he replied.

I glanced at the two who interrupted my thoughts.

"Why don't you two just kiss already?" I growled.

They both stared at me with wide eyes,

"What crawled up your ass and died?" Constance glared but her face gave way to instant regret at her words and turned back to Asher.

Sighing I stood up and left them mumbling to themselves. I can never have a moment of peace in this place. It was always training, training, and more training. As I passed the basement I paused knowing my mate was down there and it killed me to just walk away. The guards posted by the door watched me and shook their head. With a nasty snarl I swung the door open causing it to slam in the wall and shards of glass to fall but I could care less.

This was ridiculous!

<*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*>

~Cyrus~

"How is he?" Tamitha Scottish burr sounded as I sat with my head in my hands. I huffed a dry laugh and shook my head looking up at her.

"I had to use my ability on him when he ran away, on fire, so how do you think he is?"

"That bad?" she looked concern.

"I don't know what has happened to that poor man but he's more damaged then I thought. It's been a week and he's not bounce back, he's gotten worse. He's attacking people again. I think I got three degree burns last time I was in there. It's like he can't see anything around him and he's just swarmed with memories or nightmares more like." I dragged a hand down my face in exasperation.

A wet nose brushed up against my leg, I glanced down to see Lakota staring up at me with those big gold eyes of his. Reaching out I combed my fingers though his warm soft fur ready for the tingles that were ever present when we touched. He closed his eyes and leaned in to my hand.

"So what do we do now? Connor can't hold out for too much longer. He's going crazy and no one want any of that." Tamitha said pacing in front of me. I was still looking at Lakota when a knock sounded at the door. 

"Come in" Tamitha called.

Eli came in with two unknown weres behind him.

"Sir these two men are from the council. They said they have important news from the Head Elder."

I nodded standing, Lakota putting weight on my legs.

"What can I do for you?" I asked them.

They took a step forwards, I looked them over noticing the wind swept hair. One had brown hair, the other had red hair. They both fixed their clothes to look presentable.

Brown haired came forward.

"The Head Elder has sent us up here to tell you that the group he sent with you is needed at home." I gaped at them.

"You're serious?" Tamitha asked with furrowed brows.

"Yes" the red head said.

"Heath gave us 6 months, how are you going to barge in here with this bull?! I'm pretty sure it's only been 4" I complained.

It was too early for them to be out of here. Especially in Teagan's condition.

"We need them, the hunters are starting to rebel"

"That's not their job." Tamitha said.

"It is now" said the brown hair.

"They were trained to infiltrate and rescue not to be on the front lines of some war you have brewing." He shrugged.

"The Elder asked us to come and get you, we need all the wolves we can get at the moment. And if you have some objections you should take it up with the Head Elder." With that they bowed and left.

Tamitha turned towards me with worry,

"They might be progressing faster than we thought but this is too early for them to be in a real fight with a hunters advanced weapons. We haven't even gotten through with all the artilleries study. And with Teagan in this state their f*cking screwed!" she exclaimed ramming her fist in the wall casing it to crack crumble beneath her fist.

I sighed massaging my temples.

"If the Head Elder wants them back we have no chose, now do we?" Tammy spun around to glare at me but her shoulders slouched in defeat and her angry demeanor dropped.

"This is a bunch of crap sauce!"