summer

Chapter One"I need some new friends or just friends in general

Chapter One
"I need some new friends or just friends in general."

1989

"Guys come on what are you doing?" Rebecca asks, twirling her dirty blonde hair round her finger while staring at her 'friends' one screaming at a poor girl inside a bathroom stall, one getting a trash bag out the bin and another just giggling along.

"Are you in there by yourself Beverly?" Screams Greta, "Or do you have half the guys in the school with you ha slut?" "Shut up Greta." Rebecca says getting out of her leaning position on the bathroom sink.

She ignores her, "I know your in there, little shit, I can smell you. No wonder you don't have any friends."

Rebecca rolls her eyes, "Which is it Greta, am I a slut or a little shit? Make up your mind." "Your trash, we just wanted to remind you."

"Guys don't-" and before Rebecca could say anything else Beverly was covered in mouldy water and gunk, "Oh my god." "At least now you will smell better, let's go girls, Rebecca." "2 secs guys, just gonna do the bathroom." she answers glaring at them making them sigh and walk out.

"Oh my god!! Are you ok?" Rebecca says running over to the stall making sure the others had left, "Why dont you ask your friends?" Beverly asks sarcastically , "What friends? I really don't have any friends at all." "Oh"

"Come here." Rebecca says rummaging through her bag to find a perfume, "Take this and get home to shower." "Thank you." "We should hang out some time though, I need some new friends or just friends in general. I am Rebecca by the way." "Yeah I know. Beverly and definitely." she says smiling back at Rebecca as she leaves the bathroom.

Rebecca walks outside and goes over to the bins to empty her bag, 4 guys were there and watched her eyes wide mouths hanging open, "Your ho-" starts boy with glasses, "Shut up" A smaller brunette says, glaring at him.

"What a shame." she says Rebecca ignoring the two taking a puff of her cigarette "Uhh. Yeah. Betty Repsom's mom."

"Is she really expecting to see her coming out of that school?"

"I don't know, Betty Repsoms been hiding in a home ed these past couple weeks."

"You think they will actually find her?" "Sure, in a ditch all decomposed covered in worms and maggots smelling like Eddie's moms underwear."

"Shut up. That's fucking disgusting." "She's not dead. She's m-m-missing." "Sorry Bill. She is missing."

Bill walks off and the others trail behind him. Rebecca stays at the trash looking at them walk off before turning back to Betty's mom until she hears Henry and his friends talking to the boys she just met.