1

A/N this is the beginning of the story, so no Gilbert

y/n POV

I got off the ferry, and was immediately ushered to the carriage. My maids and servants gently pushed me through the small doors, and sat beside me.

"Where exactly are we" I asked, not minding my manners because I didn't have to infront of the people I'm around most. I turned to my personal maid, Charlotte (If thats your name then change it).

"We are Avonlea, Canada" She said, smiling. I nodded, and faced back front as I folded my hands on my lap. Throughout the short ride we made small talk, commenting on the beautiful scenery and when I start school.

"Really? I start school in 3 days?" I asked in shock.

"yes Madam. We have your room all decorated and set up, however, you may make some adjustment where it is needed" My Charlotte said, smiling.

"You bet" I said, smiling.

Suddenly the carriage stopped. I looked out, and there stood a graceful white mansion. My jaws dropped as I gazed upon the pillars that held up the roof, and the white washed walls. I jumped out of my carriage and ran onto our patio. There were beautiful Ivies wrapped around the pillars and railing in a quaint and whimsical style. I laughed in delight. Then my parents walked out of the front door.

"y/n! Darling!" My mum cried in delight. She sprinted over to me, not minding her elegant dress, and brought my into a bone crushing hug, and peppered my face in kisses. I giggled, swatting her away playfully. My dad walked over, ruffling my hair as well.

"How do you like our new house?" He asked, opening his arms to gesture the large mansion behind him.

"house? More like mansion" I laughed doing little jumps of excitement.

"Well, run along! Charlotte will show you your room. Make sure to get all dressed and pretty!" He said, squeezing my shoulder.

"Ready for what?" I asked curiously.

"we are going to a picnic held by the Barry family! They have a daughter around your age as well!"

I nodded and ran upstair. I grinned and put on one of my favourite picnic dresses. However, over the summer I grew taller, and none of my dresses fit me. I gasped in surprise as all of them were above my knee. I ran downstairs, and showed my parents.

"Oh my! Then go put on a different dress" My mum said, smiling calmly.

"This is the biggest dress I have!" I cried in despair.

"Oh, well I suppose you have to wear trousers then" My dad joked. Suddenly I got an Idea. I shot up and kneeled infront of my parents.

"Dearest Mother and Father! Do I have your permission to dress like a boy" I asked, looking up at them.

"w-what?" My mother gasped in shock.

"what are you speaking about?" my dad asked also shocked.

"Father! You told me to live a life full of knowledge, and to see things from everyone's point of view! I have yet to experience a life of a teenage boy!" I declared, standing up.

"I did say that, and that would be a good experience" He said, thoughtfully.

"Thank you Fa-"

"However, that does not mean you can just decide to switch genders!" He cut me off.

"Darling, let her live her life as a child! When she is ready, she will come to sense" My mom said softly, smiling.

"I suppose. However, my child! You must come up with your name, and act like a respectful gentleman!" He said. I jumped up, squealing excitedly.