9

y/n POV: 

I woke up to the familiar smell of my best friend and now... I don't know what we are, but we did kiss. I scrunched my face as little and squirmed a little. Gilbert's arms moved off of my side, and moved to caressing my face. I finally opened my eyes and saw him staring at me with his head propped up on his hand. I stared at him, the morning light lighting up the side of his face. 

"Wait, we're still at the doctor's house! We have to go and thank him" I said, sitting up all of a sudden. 

"Way to ruin the mood" He grumbled playfully. 

"Hush, Blythe" I said, grabbing his hand. I moved off the bed and held my breath as I stretched. I groaned a little when I felt the tingles all over my body. I finally let my body relax and exhaled deeply. I took a deep breath and exhaled quickly. I snapped my head over to Gilbert who was looking at me, still sitting on the bed.

"alright, get out while I change" I giggled as I quickly lead him out the door. He chuckled and gave my forehead a peck before he left the room. I grabbed my pants that were dry already and my blouse. I noticed a tear in my blouse, right by my abdomen. it must have been when the boys pulled me out of the lake. The ice must have caught onto my blouse. I put my suspenders on and shyly walked out of the room. I covered my stomach as I shut the door behind me. Gilbert looked up from the floor and smiled. He walked over to me and handed me my sweater that I left by the lake.

"When did you get this?" I asked confused. 

"Cole and Anne came earlier this morning to give you this. When they left last night, they went back to see if you left anything" Gilbert said, as I put my sweaters on.

"I should go to them and say that I'm fine! Gilbert, let's go make everyone a thank you cookie" I said excitedly. He smiled but seemed a little sad. I furrowed my brows and pouted a little. 

"Gil? Whats wrong?" I asked 

"Nothing! I just thought about what would have happened if you were more injured! you're would have been devastated" Gilbert said, shaking his head quickly to rid of his small frown. I relaxed and smiled soothingly. I slowly wrapped my arms around Gilbert's neck and pulled him down for a peck on the tip of his nose. I pulled back and smiled. 

"But I'm fine! See?" I said, doing a few jumping jacks to prove my point. He smiled gently and nodded. He held a hand out for me to take which I did, gladly. We walked downstairs and over to the door. He put his coat on me, along with his scarf. I looked at him confused, but that soon turned into a frown.

"No, no, no. You, Gilbert Blythe will wear your own coat and scarf! It's my fault that I lost my jacket. I have my sweater anyways!" I unwrapped his scarf and put it around his own neck. I was in the middle of taking his coat off but he held it on me, looking deeply into my eyes while slowly shaking his head. I sighed and nodded. 

"Thank you Gil" I said and kissed his cheek. We headed out and I pulled him through the snow towards my house. Luckily the it wasn't snowing and the skies were clear. I breathed out, causing a white puff cloud to form. I waved it off and rushed to get shelter as quick as possible, not wanting Gilbert to get too cold. 

After a couple of minutes of speed walking, we finally reached our property. We walked through the gates and stopped on our patio. I dusted the snow off my and Gilbert. I held his hands as I pushed the door open. He seemed hesitant but I gave him a reassuring smile.

"They're gonna love you, don't worry" I said. He nodded and grasped my hand as I led him through the front doors. 

A/N hello! I forgot that this was in my drafts, so I decided to publish it! This is my very last chapter, so I hope you enjoyed it!

Gilbert Blythe x Reader || DISCONTINUEDOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara