5

Y/N POV: 

5 months passed since Gilbert left. I didn't know why every time I saw his empty seat I would feel my heart shatter just a little bit. I steadily grew moodier and my bad temper got me kicked out of school at least twice a month. The fact that my mensural cycle became heavier and more painful didn't help. I walked to school, trying to get the warm so that my stomach doesn't hurt as much. I enter the school house and put my light coat up along with my scarf. I put my milk jar in the stream for it to keep cool. I walked in and sat on my respective seat. 

"Pssst! Pssst! Hey brit!" I heard the annoying voice as usual. I put on a fake smile and turned around. 

"Yes, darling?" I mocked. 

"Stop calling me that! I wonder if you'll stop acting all high and mighty if your Queen were dead" He snorted. 

I stood up, infuriated. I walked over to his desk and slammed my hands on it. I glared at him through my brows, causing him to lean back in intimidation. Then I chuckled. 

"Oh, my darling Billy! Lay a single finger on my Queen and I'll slice off your genitals and feed it to my dogs" I hissed. 

"Pssht! You wouldn't do that!" He said, trying to laugh it off but I saw the cold sweat breaking out. 

"hmmm? and what makes you so sure of that?" I asked, pushing my hair back and laughing. 

"w-well-"

"Stop trying to argue with me Billy. It's clear you're losing" I spat, and walked back to my seat. I caught Anne looking at me with wide eyes. I quickly averted my gaze and calmed myself dow. When I looked back up, I noticed Anne was still staring at me. I sighed and nodded for her to come over. 

"Tommy! That was terrifyingly intimidating! I'm sure Billy won't even think about picking a fight with you!" She gushed.

"Why thank you, Princess Cordelia" I said, bowing down respectfully. Over the time Gil wasn't here we would hang out. I joined Anne and her friends with the book club and I learned many more things about Anne than I initially knew. 

"Sir Roberts" she said, curtseying. 

I heard Billy snort and when I looked over, I saw him pointing at us and laughing. I grinned and snapped towards Billy. When I caught his attention I used my middle and pointer finger to make a scissor motion. He gulped knowing I was threatening him and his testicles. Before anything else could happen, Mr. Phillips walked in. 

"We will read from page 68 to page 78. Get your books out and ready" He said, already having his book open. 

Thats how life was every day. Dealing with Billy's constant teasing, Mr. Phillips' ignorance and defending anyone from bullies. I was basically the guardian student. If anyone got hurt, I would be the one to patch them up. If anyone was sad, I'd be the one to cheer them up. If anyone was in a fight, I'd be the one in the middle getting the punches to defend the weaker. I don't mind it though. People have less conflict because of it. However I didn't like it when I got punched in the chest area. My growing bosom was constantly aching from the rapid growth, and I'd always had to make up excuses for it when I cried out in pain. 

It was starting to get cold again. A whole summer passed without Gilbert and soon fall would turn to Winter. I saw the girls walking towards the school. They were chatting and were placing their milk jar into the water when Billy and his 3 friends running towards them. 

"Anne! Tillie! Ruby! Diana! Watch out!" I shouted. They looked up confused but it was too late. Billy and his friends pulled their skirts up. I gasped in shock as they ran past, but slowed down a few yards. All the squeaked in shock and pulled their skirts back down. When they covered themselves, they started giggling. All but one. Anne looked shaken, her face pale.