7

y/n POV

It's been a week since Gilbert came home, and I've yet to meet his friend. Every morning and after school he'd check up on my left cheek and hand. He'd rub some ointment on my cheek and hand and wrap my hand in a clean bandage every day. I'd return the bandages he'd give me the next day. I met up with him where our paths met up and walked up to him. I gave him a side hug to which he frowned. He's been doing this every time we hugged. 

"Gil, are you alright? Every time I hug you, you frown" I said nervously. 

"Well I noticed you give Anne, Cole and Diana full hugs but not me? I thought I was your best friend, your mate"He whined. I gasped, but was a little hurt. Does he want me to give him a full hug or does he not want me to hug Anne. Then I remembered. 

"Oh! Thats right! You fancy Anne! I'm sorry Gil, that completely slipped my mind! But I assure you, I do not fancy Anne. She is like a sister to me" I assured him. 

"No, it's not that. I want a full hug too. Why aren't you hugging me fully?" He whined a little, kicking the snow. 

"I- wel-" I was cut off by Anne. 

"Tommy! Gilbert! Hi guys!" She shouted running up to us. She stopped and gave me a quick hug. Gilbert saw and scowled, walking ahead. Anne looked confused and looked back at me. Then she smirked. When Gilbert was out of sight, Anne opened her mouth to speak. 

"He was totally jealous" She smirked. 

"I don't know what you're on about. He was upset that I gave you full hugs and not him. He's jealous of me because I get to hug you" I said. 

"No. He's jealous of me. Please, tell me exactly what he said" She requested. I nodded and recited what he said word for word. 

"Oh my god!" she whispered. 

"What"

"He's jealous of Diana, Cole and Me! This is brilliant! He totally fancies you" She said, using the word I use the most. 

"Stop joking around, Anne. Don't get my hopes up. He thinks I'm a guy and he doesn't see me in that way. Plus I think he fancies you" I mumbled looking down. 

"We never know! Go tell him you like him, and then we'll see. And I'll assure you, he does not like me" She said smiling. 

"you make it sound so easy, but it'l ruin our friendship" I sighed. I then realised we were right infront of our school. I took the milk jar and put it in the snow by the rocks instead of the stream. Anne copied my actions. We walked in and put our jackets in our cloak room. I put my scarf down and started up a fire in the oven in the middle of the room. I hissed as I held the longs in my left hand and put it into the oven. I started the fire and tended to it a little before the entire room started warming up. I sighed and sat on the floor by it until my hands started to warm up. 

I looked around the room and saw Billy talking with Josie Pye. She was giggling and blushing with him. I grinned, knowing that I had another thing to tease him with. I sat down next to Gil with a smug grin which he noticed. A smile also creeped up to him face. He turned to face me and rested his cheek on his hands. 

"Whats gotten you in a good mood?"

"Well for 1, Josie Pye doesn't fancy me anymore! And, I have something to tease Billy with" I said smiling as I talked. I nodded over to their direction, and watched Gilbert turn his head while I was buzzing around in my seat. Finally class started and we all went silent. Gilbert and I sent secret messages by sending certain signals with our coughing or hand signals. I laughed quietly, but soon started choking. I tried my hardest not to make a sound, but was struggling. Mr. Phillips turned around and caught sight of my red face.